An ogre named Sarama reassures Seetha by telling her that Ravana, the conjurer created an illusory appearance of Rama's head and exhibited it before her. She informs Seetha that Rama is still alive and is stationed along with his forces at the southern shore of the ocean. Sarama restores confidence to Seetha, by saying that Rama after killing Ravana in battle will soon win her back.
सीताम् तु मोहिताम् दृष्ट्वा सरमा नाम राक्षसी |
आससाद आशु वैदेहीम् प्रियाम् प्रणयिनी सखी || ६-३३-१
1. atha = then; dR^ishhTvaa = seeing; mahitaam = the bewildered; siitaam = Seetha; raakshhasii = a demon; sarama = called Sarama; praNayinii = an affectionate; sakhii = female companion; aasasaada = approached; priyaam = her best loved; vaidehiim = Seetha.
Seeing the bewildered Seetha, a demon named Sarama*, an affectionate female companion then approached Seetha, her beloved Seetha, her beloved friend.
*Sarama, according to some commentators was the wife of Vibhishana.
मोहिताम् राक्षसेन्द्रेण सीताम् परमदुःखिताम् |
आश्वासयामास तदा सरमा मृदुभाषिणी || ६-३३-२
2. tadaa = then; saramaa = Sarama; mR^idu bhaashiNii = the soft-spoken woman; aashvaasayaamaasa = consoled; siitaam = Seetha; mohitaam = who was infatuated; raakshhasendreNa = by Ravana; paramaduHkhitaam = and who was very much in grief.
Sarama, the soft-spoken woman, consoled Seetha who having been infatuated by Ravana was very much in distress.
सा हि तत्र कृता मित्रम् सीतया रक्ष्यमाणया |
रक्षन्ती रावणाद् इष्टा सानुक्रोशा दृढ व्रता || ६-३३-३
3. saa = Sarama; raavaNaadishhTaa = who was assigned by Ravana; rakshhantii; to guard Seetha; saanukroshaa = was kind hearted; dR^iDhavrataa = and firm in austerity; (she) kR^itaahi = was indeed made; mitram = a companion ; siitaaya = by Seetha; rakshhyamaaNayaa = who was being protected; tatra = there.
Sarma, who was assigned by Ravana to guard Seetha, was kind hearted and firm in austerity. She was indeed made a companion by Seetha, who was being protected by her there.
सा ददर्श सखीम् सीताम् सरमा नष्ट चेतनाम् |
उपावृत्य उत्थिताम् ध्वस्ताम् वडवाम् इव पांसुषु || ६-३३-४
4. saa = that; saramaa = Sarama; sakhii = the companion; dadarsha = saw; siitaam = Seetha; nashhTachetanaam = who lost her consciousness; upaavR^itya = having rolled herself; paamsushhu = in dust; badabaamiva = like a female horse; utthitaam = risen; dhvastaam = covered with dust
The affectionate Sarama found Seetha stupefied and just risen after rolling in the dust and soiled, resembling a female horse.
ताम् समाश्वासयाम् आस सखी स्नेहेन सुव्रता |
उक्ता यद् रावणेन त्वम् प्रत्युक्तम् च स्वयम् त्वया || ६-३३-५
5. sakhii = that companion; Sarama; snehena = affectionate; samaa shvaasayaamaasa = consoled; taam = that Seetha; suvrataam = the very virtuous woman; vaidehi = O; Seetha; samaashvasihi = be comfortable; maa bhuut = Let there not be; vyathaa = perturbation; te maanasaa = in your mind.
Sarama consoled the very virtuous Seetha as follows "O, Seetha! Be comfortable! Do not get perturbed in your mind.
उक्ता यद्रावणेन त्वम् प्रत्युक्तश्च स्वयम् त्वया |
सखी स्नेहेन तद् भीरु मया सर्वम् प्रतिश्रुतम् || ६-३३-६
लीनया गनहे शूह्ये भयम् उत्सृज्य रावणात् |
तव हेतोर् विशाल अक्षि न हि मे जीवितम् प्रियम् || ६-३३-७
6; 7. bhiiru = O; timid woman! yat = whatever; uktvaa = was spoken; raavaNena = by Ravana; tvam = to you; tat sarvam = and all that; pratyuktashcha = was replied; tvayaa = by you; sarvam = of your own accord ; pratishrutam = was overheard; mayaa = by me; utsR^ijya = having abandoned; bhayam = fear; raavaNaat = from Ravana; liinayaa = by hiding; shuunye = in a barren; gagane = sky; sakhiisnehena = owing to affection towards you; my companion; vishaalaakshhi = O; the large eyed woman! me = to me; nahi = there is indeed no; bhayam = fear; raavaNaat = of Ravana; tava hetoH = in your cause.
timid woman! Because of my friendship with you, I overheard Ravana's words and all the words you have spoken in reply to him, by hiding nearby in a barren sky without fear. O, large eyed woman! I do not have any fear of Ravana, owing to my affection towards you".
स सम्भ्रान्तश च निष्क्रान्तो यत् कृते राक्षस अधिपः |
तच् च मे विदितम् सर्वम् अभिनिष्क्रम्य मैथिलि || ६-३३-८
8. maithili = O;Seetha! Sarvam = everything; viditam = was known; me = to me; abhinishhkramya = having gone outside; tatra = about that matter; yatkR^ite = why; saH raakshhaseshvaraH = that Ravana; nishhkaantah = had gone away; sambhraantaH = agitated.
"O, Seetha! Every thing was ascertained by me on the spot, after going out, about the reason for which Ravana has gone away agitated."
न शक्यम् सौप्तिकम् कर्तुम् रामस्य विदित आत्मनः |
वधश्च पुरुष व्याघ्रे तस्मिन्न् एव उपपद्यते || ६-३३-९
9. na sakyam = It is not possible; kartum = to perform; souptikam = an attack while sleeping; raamasya = in the case of Rama; viditaatmanaH = who was aware of his self; vadhashcha = killing also; tasmin = in his case; purushhavyaaghre = the tiger among men; naiva upapadyate = does not come into existence.
"It is not possible to attack Rama, a man of self awareness, while he is asleep. Nay even killing him, the tiger among men, is well nigh impossible."
न च एव वानरा हन्तुम् शक्याः पादप योधिनः |
सुरा देव ऋषभेण इव रामेण हि सुरक्षिताः || ६-३३-१०
10. na shakyaaH = It is not possible; hantum = to kill; evam = in this manner; vaanaraaH = monkeys; paadapayodhinaH = who perform fighting by the use of trees; surakshhitaaH = and who are well protected; raamaNe = by Rama; suraaH iva = as celestials; surararshhabheNa = by Indra the excellent among celestials.
"It is not possible to kill in this manner even monkeys, who perform fighting with trees, in as much as they are fully protected by Rama, even as celestials are protected by Indra their lord"
दीर्घ वृत्त भुजह् श्रीमान् महा उरस्कह् प्रतापवान् |
धन्वी सम्हनन उपेतो धर्म आत्मा भुवि विश्रुतः || ६-३३-११
विक्रान्तो रक्षिता नित्यम् आत्मनश्च परस्य च |
लक्ष्मणेन सह भ्रात्रा कुशली नय शास्त्रवित् || ६-३३-१२
हन्ता पर बल ओघानाम् अचिन्त्य बल पौरुषः |
न हतो राघवः श्रीमान् सीते शत्रु निबर्हणः || १३
11; 12; 13. siite = O; Seetha! raaghavaaH = Rama; diirghavR^itta bhujaH = who has long and rounded arms; shriimaan = an illustrious man; mahoraskaH = who is large-chested; prataapavaan = a man of great energy; dhanvii = wielder of a bow; samhananopetaH = a man endowed with muscularity; dharmaatmaa = a righteous minded man; vishrutaa = a man of celebrity; bhuvi = on earth; nityam = forever; vikraantaH = a man of strength; rakshhitaa = a protector; aatmanashcha = for himself; parasyacha = and for others; bhraataa lakshhmaN ena saha = who is together with his brother Lakshmana; kuliinah = a man of high descent; nayashaastravit = knower of doctrines of prudence and wisdom; hantaa = killer; para baloughaan = of a stream of enemy forces; achintyabala pourushhaH = a man with an inconceivable strength and valor; shriimaan = a venerable man; shatru nibarhaNaH = an annihilator of adversaries; na hataH = has not been killed.
"O, Seetha! Rama, who is endowed with long and well rounded arms, an illustrious man, who is large-chested, a man of great energy, an archer well known in the world, a man endowed with muscularity, a righteous minded man, a person of celebrity on earth, a man of eternal strength, a protector for himself and for others, while together with his brother Lakshmana, a man of high descent, a knower of doctrines of conduct and behavior, the killer of a stream of enemy forces, a man of inconceivable strength and valor, a venerable man and an annihilator of adversaries, has not been killed."
अयुक्त बुद्धि कृत्येन सर्व भूत विरोधिना |
इयम् प्रयुक्ता रौद्रेण माया मायाविदा त्वयि || ६-३३-१४
14. maayaa = a trickery; prayuktaa = has been hurled; tvayi = on you; iha = here; maayaavinaa = by Ravana; a conjurer; ayuktabuddhikR^ityena = a committer of wrong thinking and action; sarvabhuuta virodhinaa = an enemy of all beings; roudreNa = and a fiery person.
"A trickery has been hurled on you here by the cruel Ravana, a conjurer, who is perverse in thinking and action and an enemy of all beings."
शोकस् ते विगतः सर्वः कल्याणम् त्वाम् उपस्थितम् |
ध्रुवम् त्वाम् भजते लक्ष्मीः प्रियम् प्रीति करम् शृणु || ६-३३-१५
15. te = you; shokaH = sorrow; vigataH = has gone asunder; sarva kalyaaNam = an all pervading auspiciousness; upasthitam = has occasioned; tvaam = you; dhruvam = Assuredly; lakshhmiiH = prosperity; bhajate = is waiting upon; tvaam = you; priyam = a favorable thing; bhavati = is coming into existence; te = for you; shruNu = hear (me).
"Your sorrow is (now) gone once for all. An all-pervading auspiciousness will await you. Accordingly prosperity will attend on you. Hear me."
उत्तीर्य सागरम् रामः सह वानर सेनया |
सम्निविष्टः समुद्रस्य तीरम् आसाद्य दक्षिणम् || ६-३३-१६
16. raamaH = Rama; vaanarasenayaa saha = along with his army of monkeys; uttiirya = having crossed; saagaram = the ocean; aasaadya = reached; dakshhiNam tiiram = the southern shore; samudrasya = of the sea; samnivishhTaH = and is encamped; (there)
"Rama, along with his army of monkeys, having crossed the ocean, reached its southern shore and is encamped there."
दृष्टो मे परिपूर्ण अर्थः काकुत्स्थः सह लक्ष्मणः |
सहितैः सागर अन्तस्थैर् बलैस् तिष्ठति रक्षितः || ६-३३-१७
17. kaakutthsaH = Rama; saha lakshmaNaH = who was along with Lakshmana; paripuurNaarthaH = who was full of meaning; dR^ishhTati = was perceived; me = by me; tishhTati = who is stationed (there); rakshhitaH = being protected; balaiH = by his forces; sahitaiH = who are united; saagaraantasthaiH = near the ocean.
"Rama, who was along with fully meaningful Lakshmana, was perceived by me. He stands protected by the troops gathered together at the vicinity of the ocean."
अनेन प्रेषिता ये च राक्षसा लघु विक्रमः |
राघवस् तीर्णैत्य् एवम् प्रवृत्तिस् तैर् इह आहृता || ६-३३-१८
18. anena = by him; ye = which; laghuvikramaaH = quick paced; raakshhasaH = demons; preshhitaaH = were sent; pravR^ittiH = the news; aahR^itaa = has been brought; taiH = by them; ityevam = that; raaghavaH = Rama; tiirNaH = had crossed(the ocean.)
"Some swift paced demons, who were dispatched by Ravana, brought this very news here that Rama has crossed the ocean."
स ताम् श्रुत्वा विशाल अक्षि प्रवृत्तिम् राक्षस अधिपः |
एष मन्त्रयते सर्वैः सचिवैः सह रावणः || ६-३३-१९
19. vishaalaakshhi = O; the wide-eyed Seetha! shrutvaa = hearing; taam = that; pravR^ittim = news; saH eshhaH = yonder; raavaNaH = Ravana; mantrayate = is deliberating; sachivaih saha = with his ministers.
"O, the wide-eyed Seetha! Hearing that news, yonder Ravana is busy making deliberations with all his ministers."
इति ब्रुवाणा सरमा राक्षसी सीतया सह |
सर्व उद्योगेन सैन्यानाम् शब्दम् शुश्राव भैरवम् || ६-३३-२०
20. (while); saramaa = Sarama; raakshhasii = the ogress; bruuvaaNaa = was talking; iti = as aforesaid; siitaayaa saha = with Seetha; bhairavam = a terrific; shabdam = sound; shushraava = was heard; sarvodyogena = because of the all-out preparation; sainyaanaam = of the troops.
While Sarama, the ogre was talking as aforesaid with Seetha; a terrific sound was heard, from the troops engaged in the impending war.
दण्ड निर्घात वादिन्याः श्रुत्वा भेर्या महा स्वनम् |
उवाच सरमा सीताम् इदम् मधुर भाषिणी || ६-३३-२१
21. shrutvaa = hearing; mahaasvanam = a loud sound; bheryaaH = of a kettle drum; daN^Danirghaatavaadinyaa = made to sound like a thunder storm with drum stick; saramaa = Sarama; madhura bhaashhiNii = who speaks sweetly; uvaacha = spoke; siitam = to Seetha; idam = these words:
Hearing the crashing sound of kettle drums, made to sound like a thunder storm with a drum stick, Sarama in her sweet voice spoke to Seetha as follows:
सम्नाह जननी ह्य् एषा भैरवा भीरु भेरिका |
भेरी नादम् च गम्भीरम् शृणु तोयद निस्वनम् || ६-३३-२२
22. bhiiru = O; timid Seetha! Eshhaa = this; bhairavaa = frightful; bherikaa = sound of kettle drum; samvaahajananii = is indeed indicative of preparation for a war; shruNu = hear; gambhiiram = the thundering; bheriinaadamcha = sound of the kettle drum; toyadaniH svanam = resembling the sound of a lightening cloud.
"O, timid Seetha! This frightful sound of a kettledrum is indeed indicative of preparation for a war. Hear also the thundering crash of the kettle drums, which resembles the rumbling of clouds"
कल्प्यन्ते मत्त मातम्गा युज्यन्ते रथ वाजिनः |
तत्र तत्र च सम्नद्धाः सम्पतन्ति पदातयः || ६-३३-२३
23. matta maataN^gaaH = elephants in rut; kalpyante = are being caparisoned for war; rathavaajinaH = the chariot horses; yujyante = are being prepared for battle; sahasrashaH = thousands; turagaaruuDhaaH = of horse men ; praasa hastaaH = with darts in their hands; dR^ishyante = are being seen.
"Elephants in rut are being caparisoned for war. Chariot horses are being prepared for a battle. Thousands of horsemen carrying darts in their hands are seen."
तत्र तत्र च सन्नद्धाः सम्पतन्ति सहस्रशः |
आपूर्यन्ते राज मार्गाः सैन्यैर् अद्भुत दर्शनैः || ६-३३-२४
वेगवद्भिर् नदद्भिश्च तोय ओघैर् इव सागरः |
24. sahasrashaH = thousands; samnaddhaaH = of warriors equipped with armor; sampatanti = are marching quickly ; tatra tatra cha = here and there. RaajamaargaaH = Royal high ways; aapuuryante = are filled; adbhutadarshanaiH = with wonderfully looking; sainyaiH = warriors; saagaraH iva = like a sea; toyoughaiH = with its flood of waters; nadadbhishcha = with roaring sound; vegavadbhiH = and velocity.
"Thousands of soldiers equipped with armor are marching quickly hither and thither. Royal highways are filled with wonderfully looking warriors like a swift flowing sea with its flood of waters making a roaring sound."
शास्त्राणाम् च प्रसन्नानाम् चर्मणाम् वर्मणाम् तथा || ६-३३-२५
रथ वाजि गजानाम् च भूषितानाम् च रक्षसाम् |
सम्भ्रमो रक्षसामेष हृषितानाम् तरस्विनाम् || ६-३३-२६
प्रभाम् विसृजताम् पश्य नाना वर्णाम् समुत्थिताम् |
वनम् निर्दहतो धर्मे यथा रूपम् विभावसोः || ६-३३-२७
25; 26; 27. pashya = see; sambhramaH = hurriedly; eshhaH = this; prasannaanaam = sheen of polished; shastraaNaam = weapons; charmaNaam = shields; tathaa = and; varmaNaam = coats of mail; visR^ijataam = sending forth; prabhaam = luster; naanaavarNasamutthitaam = of many hues; ruupam yathaa = like the splendor; vibhaavasoH = of fire; nirdahataH = consuming; vanam = a forest; gharme = in summer; rathavaajigajaanaamcha = (here is seen) the flurry of chariots; horses and elephants; raakshhasendraanuyaayinaam = following the lead of Ravana; and; tarasvinaam = of energetic; raakshhasaam = demons; hR^ishhitaanaam = thrilled with joy.
"See hurriedly, this sheen of polished weapons, shields and coats of mail sending forth luster of many hues like the splendor of fire consuming a forest in summer. Here is seen the flurry of chariots, horses and elephants following the lead of Ravana as well as of energetic demons thrilled with joy."
घण्टानाम् शृणु निर्घोषम् रथानाम् शृणु निस्वनम् |
हयानाम् हेषमाणानाम् शृणु तूर्य ध्वनिम् यथा || ६-३३-२८
उद्यत आयुध हस्तानाम् राक्षस इन्द्र अनुयायिनाम् |
सम्भ्रमो रक्षसाम् एष तुमुलो लोम हर्षणः || ६-३३-२९
28; 29. shruNu = hear; nirghoshham = the sound; ghaNTaanaam = of bells (of elephants); shruNu = hear; niHsvanam = the rattling; rathaanaam = of chariots; shruNu = hear; hayaanaam = of horses; hreshhamaaNaanaam = neighing; tuuryadhvanim yathaa = resembling the flourish of trumpets; eshhaH = here is; tumulaH = the bustle; rakshhasaam = of demons; udyataayudha hastaanaam = carrying uplifted weapons in their hands; raakshhasendra anuyaayinaam = following the lead of Ravana; sambhramaH = the bustling activity ; romaharshhaNaH = is causing hair to stand on end.
"Hear the sound of bells of elephants. Hear the ratting of chariots. Hear the cry of neighing horses, resembling the flourish of trumpets. Here is the bustle of demons, carrying uplifted weapons in their hands; following the lead of Ravana. This bustling activity is causing hair to stand erect through terror."
श्रीस् त्वाम् भजति शोकघ्नी रक्षसाम् भयम् आगतम् |
रामात् कमल पत्र अक्षि दैत्यानाम् इव वासवात् || ६-३३-३०
अवजित्य जित क्रोधस् तम् अचिन्त्य पराक्रमः |
रावणम् समरे हत्वा भर्ता त्वा अधिगमिष्यति || ६-३३-३१
30; 31. shriiH = a good fortune; shokaghnii = which will bring sorrow to an end; bhajati = will adore; tvaam = you; bhayam = a fear ; aagatam = has come; raakshhasaam = for demons; raamaH = Rama; bhartaa = your husband; kamala patraakshhaH = the lotus eyed; avajitya = winnable by mastery; vaasavaH iva = like Indra the god of celestials; jitakrodhaH = who has overcome his anger; achintya paraakramaH = having unimaginable strength; hatvaa = having killed; tam = that; raavaNam = RavaNa; samare = in battle; adhigamishhyati = will acquire; tvaa = you.
"A good fortune, which will bring your sorrow to an end, awaits you. A peril has arrived for demons. The lotus eyed Rama, your husband, who has overcome his anger but having an unimaginable strength will kill Ravana in battle and win you back"
विक्रमिष्यति रक्षह्सु भर्ता ते सह लक्ष्मणः |
यथा शत्रुषु शत्रुघ्नो विष्णुना सह वासवः || ६-३३-३२
32. tebhartaa = your consort; sahalakshhmanaNaH = along with Lakshmana; vikramishhyati = will show his strength; rakshhassu = over the demons; yathaa vaasavaH = like Indra the god of celestials; vishhNunaa saha = along with Vishnu; the lord of preservation; shatrughnaH = who annihilates the enemies; (showing his strength over); shatrushhu = the adversaries.
"Your consort along with Lakshmana will show his valor against the demons, like Indra the lord of celestials along with Vishnu the lord of preservation, the annihilator of enemies exhibited his strength over his adversaries."
आगतस्य हि रामस्य क्षिप्रम् अन्क गताम् सतीम् |
अहम् द्रक्ष्यामि सिद्ध अर्थाम् त्वाम् शत्रौ विनिपातिते || ६-३३-३३
33. kshhipram = very soon; aham = I; drakshhyaami = shall see; tvaam = you; aN^kaagataam satiim = mounted on the lap; tasya = of Rama; aagatasya = (really) arrived; siddhaarthaam = your object of his coming being fulfilled; shatrou = and the enemy; vinipaatite = fallen.
"Very soon, I shall see you, mounted on the lap of Rama who actually arrived, your object of his coming being fulfilled and the enemy fallen."
अश्रूण्य् आनन्दजानि त्वम् वर्तयिष्यसि शोभने |
समागम्य परिष्वक्ता तस्य उरसि महा उरसः || ६-३३-३४
34. jaanakii = O; Seetha! Vartayishhyasi = you will roll on; asraaNi = tears; aanandajaani = born out of joy; urasi = on the bosom; tasya = of that Rama; mahorasaH = the broad chested; samaagamya = reunited with you; parishhvaktaa = holding you clasped to his breast.
"O, Seetha! You will shed tears of joy on the bosom of that broad-chested Rama, re- united with you and holding you clasped to his breast."
अचिरान् मोक्ष्यते सीते देवि ते जघनम् गताम् |
धृताम् एताम् बहून् मासान् वेणीम् रामो महा बलः || ६-३३-३५
35. achiraan = before long; devi = O; divine; siite = Seetha! MahaabalaH = that mighty; raamaH = Rama; mokshhyate = will loosen; ekaam = veNiim = the single plait; gataam = which has reached past; te jaghanam = your hips; dhR^itaam = which you have worn; bahuun = these many; maasaan = months.
"Before long, O divine Seetha, that mighty Rama will loosen the one single plait which has reached past your hips, which you have worn these many months."
तस्य दृष्ट्वा मुखम् देवि पूर्ण चन्द्रम् इव उदितम् |
मोक्ष्यसे शोकजम् वारि निर्मोकम् इव पन्नगी || ६-३३-३६
36. devii = O; queen! DR^ishhTvaa = seeing; tasya = his; mukham = face; uditam puurNachandram iva = looking like a rising full moon; mokshhyase = you will renounce; vaari = your tears; shokajam = born of grief; pannagii iva = like a female snake; nirmokam = (casts off) its slough.
"O, Queen! Seeing his face, looking like a rising moon, you will renounce your tears born of grief, like a female snake casts off its slough."
रावणम् समरे हत्वा नचिराद् एव मैथिलि |
त्वया समग्रम् प्रियया सुख अर्हो लप्स्यते सुखम् || ६-३३-३७
37. maithili = O; Seetha! hatvaa = having killed; raavanaam = Ravana; samare = in combat; nachiraadeva = within no time; sukhaarhaH = Rama; who deserves felicity); lapsyate = will enjoy happiness; samagraH = in the company; priyaayaa = of his beloved; tvayaa = namely yourself.
"O, Seetha! Having killed Ravana in combat within no time, Rama (who deserves facility); will enjoy happiness in the company of the beloved, namely yourself."
समागता त्वम् रामेण मोदिष्यसि महात्मना |
सुवर्षेण समायुक्ता यथा सस्येन मेदिनी || ६-३३-३८
38. sabhaajitaa = acclaimed; mahaatmenaa = by the high soled; raameNa = Rama; tvam = you; modishhyasi = will be delighted; medinii yathaa = as the earth; sasyena samaayukta = endowed with crops; suvarshheNa = after the onset of good rains.
Acclaimed by the high soled Rama, you will be so happy as how the earth, endowed with crops, feels after the onset of good rains."
गिरि वरम् अभितो अनुवर्तमानो |
हय इव मण्डलम् आशु यः करोति |
तम् इह शरणम् अभ्युपेहि देवि
दिवस करम् प्रभवो ह्ययम् प्रजानाम् ६-३३-३९
39. devi = O; qeen! abhyupaiH = seek; sharaNam = refuge; iha = now; tam = with him; divasakaram = (that) sun; yaH = which; vivartamaanaH = rolls; girivaram abhitaH = towards Meru; the highest mountain; hayaH iva = like a horse; karoti = which makes; maN^Dalam = a round; aashu = rapidly; ayam = he; prabhavaH hi = is indeed the source; prajaanaam = of all creatures.
"O, queen! Seek refuge now with him - the sun that rolls towards Meru the highest mountain, like a horse that makes its round rapidly. That sun is indeed the source of all creatures."
- - - -
इत्यार्षे श्रीमद्रामायणे आदिकाव्ये युद्धकाण्डे त्रयस्त्रिंशः सर्गः
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© August 2004, K. M. K. Murthy
What the world says about
seetha and verse
Fastest SFTP (SSH) anywhere, FREE Go FTP Client