Hearing Hanuman's words, Rama says that he cannot desert Vibhishana who is seeking a refuge in him. Initially Sugreeva disagrees with Rama's opinion. But when Rama explains the different circumstances under which Vibhishana is acceptable, Sugreeva also agrees with that view. Finally Vibhishana joins as an associate in Rama's side.
अथ रामः प्रसन्न आत्मा श्रुत्वा वायु सुतस्य ह |
प्रत्यभाषत दुर्धर्षः श्रुतवान् आत्मनि स्थितम् ||६-१८-१
1. atha = thereafter; raamaH = Rama; durdharshhaH = the inviolable; shrutavaan = and the one having sacred knowledge ; shrutvaa = after hearing; vaayusutasya = Hanuman's words; pratyabhaashhata = spoke; prasannaatmaa = with a clear understanding; sthitam = that which was established; aatmani = in his mind.
Thereafter the inviolable Rama who possesses sacred knowledge, after hearing Hanuman's words, spoke with a clear understanding, the following opinion that was firm in his mind:
मम अपि तु विवक्षा अस्ति काचित् प्रति विभीषणम् |
श्रुतम् इच्चामि तत् सर्वम् भवद्भिः श्रेयसि स्थितैः ||६-१८-२
2. mamaapi = I also; asti = have; kaachit = a; vivakshhaa = desire to tell; vibhiishhaNam prati = about Vibhishana; ichchhaami = I want; tat = it; sarvam = all; shrotum = to be heard; bhavadbhih = by you; sthitaih = who stand firmly; shreyapi = in our welfare.
"I also wish to tell my opinion about Vibhishana. I want it to be heard by you, who are firmly established in our welfare."
मित्र भावेन सम्प्राप्तम् न त्यजेयम् कथंचन |
दोषो यदि अपि तस्य स्यात् सताम् एतद् अगर्हितम् ||६-१८-३
3. kathamchana = by any means; naatyajeyam = I donot leave; tasya = him; sampraaptam = who comes; mitrabhaavena = with a friendly appearance; syaat yadyapi = even though he has; doshhah = a defect; etat = This; agarhitam = is irreproachable; sataam = by good men.
"By any means, I do not desert anyone who arrives with a friendly appearance, even if he has a defect. His acceptance is irreproachable in the eyes of good men"
सुग्रीवस्त्वथ तद्वाक्यमाभाष्य च विमृश्य च |
ततः शुभतरम् वाक्यमुवाच हरिपुङ्गवः ||६-१८-४
4. atha = then; SugreevaH = Sugreeva; haripuNgavaH = the chief of monkeys; aabhaashhyacha = closely analysed; vimR^ishyacha = and examined; tadvaakyam = those words of Rama; tatah = and thereafter; uvaachaha = spoke; shubhataram = most auspicious; vaakyam = words:
Then, Sugreeva the chief of monkeys closely analyzed and examined the aforesaid words of Rama and thereafter spoke the following most auspicious words:
सुदुष्टो वाप्यदुष्टो वा किम्मेष रजनीचरः |
ईदृशम् व्यसनम् प्राप्तम् भ्रातरम् यः परित्यजेत् ||६-१८-५
को वाम स भवेत्तस्य यमेष न परित्यजेत् |
5. kim = what matters if; eshhaH = this; rajaniicharaH = ranger of night; (demon) sudushhTovaa = is very dangerous; yaH = he who; parityajet = can desert; bhraataram = his brother; praaptam = who get; iidR^isham = such; vyasanam = a calamity; tasya = for such a person; yam = who to;konaama = whom; saH = he; naparityajet = would not betray?
"What matters if this ranger of night is very dangerous or other wise, if he can desert his own brother at a time of peril? Whom will he not betray subsequently?"
वानराधिपते र्वाक्यम् श्रुत्वा सर्वानुदीक्स्य तु ||६-१८-६
ईषदुत्स्मयमानस्तु लक्स्मणम् पुण्यलक्षणम् |
इति होवाच काकुत्थ्सो वाक्यम् सत्यपराक्रमः ||६-१८-७
6; 7. shrutvaa = hearing; vaakyam = the words; vaanaraadhipate = of Sugreeva; kakutthsaH = Rama; satyaparaakramaH = who was truly mighty; udiikshhyatu = looked round; sarvam = all of them; utsmyamaanaH = smiled; iishhat = a little; uvaachaha = and spoke; vaakyam = these words; iti = thus; lakshhmaNam = to Lakshmana; puNya lakshhaNam = of virtuous characteristics:
Hearing the words of Sugreeva, Rama who was truly mighty looked round all of them , smiled a little and spoke the following words to Lakshmana, of virtuous characteristics:
अनधीत्य च शास्त्राणि वृद्धाननुपसेव्य च |
न शक्यमीदृशम् वक्तुम् यदुवाच हरीश्वरः ||६-१८-८
8. yat = which words; hariishvaraH = Sugreeva; uvaachaH = spoke; na shakyam = it is not possible; vaktum = to speak;iidR^isham = such words; anadhiitya = without studying; shaastraaNi = scriptures; anupasevyacha = and without serving; vR^iddhaan = elders.
"Without studying scriptures and without serving elders, it is not possible to speak such words as Sugreeva spoke."
अस्ति सूक्ष्मतरम् किंचिद्यदत्र प्रतिभाति मा |
प्रत्यक्षम् लौकिकम् चापि वर्तते सर्वराजसु ||६-१८-९
9. yat = which; vartate = is; pratyakshham = clearly to be seen; sarva raajasu = in all the kings; loukikamchaapi = and occurring in even ordinary life; kimchit = a somewhat; suukshhmataram = highly subtle thing; asti = is there; atra = Here; maa = to me; pratibhaati = it is appearing to the mind.
"It appears to my mind that there is however something peculiar in these circumstances which are clearly to be seen in all lives of kings and even occurring in ordinary life."
अमित्रास्तत्कुलीनाश्च प्रातिदेश्याश्च कीर्तिता |
व्यसनेषु प्रहर्तारस्तस्मादयमिहागतः ||६-१८-१०
10. kiirtitaaH = it is told; tatkuliinaashcha = that persons of that family; praatideshyaashchcha = and rulers belonging to adjoining territory; amitraaH = are enemies; prahartaarah = and strike; vyasaneshhu = in adversities; tasmaat = for that reason; ayam = he; aagatam = came; iha = here.
"It is told that persons of the same family and rulers belonging to adjoining territories become enemies and strike in times of adversities. For this reason, he came here."
अपापास्तत्कुलीवाश्च मानयन्ति स्वकान् हितान् |
एष प्रायो नरेन्द्राणाम् शङ्कनीयस्तु शोभनः ||६-१८-११
11. tatkuliinaaH = persons belonging to the same family; apaapaaH = who are not sinful; maanayanti = respect; svakaan = their own; hitaan = well- wishers; praayaH = Generally; narendraaNaam = for kings; eshhaH = even the persons; shobhanaH = who are virtuous; shaNkaniiyaH = are to be apprehended.
"Even if belonging to the same family, persons who are virtuous do respect their own well wishers in that family. Generally among kings, even a virtuous person is apprehended."
यस्तु दोषस्त्वया प्रोक्तो ह्यादानेर्इबलस्य च |
तत्र ते कीर्तयुष्यामि यथाशास्त्रमिदम् शृणु ||६-१८-१२
12. yathaasaastran = as per scriptures; kiirtayishhyaami = I will tell; te = you; shruNu = hear; idam = this; yaH = which; dashhaH = draw back; proktaH = is told; tvayaa = by you; tatra = in that matter; aadaane = of accepting; aribalasya = from the side of an adversary.
"With regard to the draw back you told me in the matter of accepting a person coming from the side of an adversary, hear from me what the scriptures say."
न वयम् तत्कुलीनाश्च राज्यकाम्क्षी च राक्षसः |
पण्डिता हि भविष्यन्ति तस्माद्ग्राह्यो विभीषणः ||६-१८-१३
13. vayam = we; na = do not; tatkuliinaaHcha = belong to the same family. raakshhasaH = The demon; raajya kaaNkshhiicha = is desirous of kingdom; (These demons also)bhavishhyanti = may be; paNDitaaH hi = rather learned; tasmaat = for that reason; vibhiishhaNaH = Vibhishana; graahyaH = is admissible.
"We do not belong to the same family. Further, Vibhishana the demon is desirous of acquiring the kingdom. A few of the demons also may be rather learned ones. That is why, Vibhishana is acceptable."
अव्यग्राश्च प्रहृष्टाश्च न भविष्यन्ति सम्गताः |
प्रणादश्च महानेष ततोऽस्य भयमागतम् ||६-१८-१४
इति भेदम् गमिष्यन्ति तस्मात्प्रोप्तो विभीषणः |
14. sangataaH = kinsfolk; na bhavishhyanti = do not live together; avyagraashcha = in a fearless mode; prahR^ishhTaashcha = and in a delightful manner; iti = hence; gamishhyanti = they get; bhedam = a split; ataH = for that reason; bhayam = a fear; aagatam = has come; asya = to him; eshhaH = This; praNaadashcha = loud appeal is also; mahaan = leading; tasmaat = for that reason; vibhiishhaNaH = Vibhishana; graahyaH = is acceptable.
"Kinsfolk do not live together in a fearless mode and in a delightful manner. Hence, they get a split among themselves. For this reason, a fear has come to him. This loud appeal is also major cause. That is why, Vibhishana can be accepted."
न सर्वे भ्रातरस्तात भवन्ति भरतोपमाः ||६-१८-१५
मद्विधा ना पितुः पुत्राः सुहृदो वा भवद्विधाः |
15. taata = my dear one! sarve = All; bhraataraH = brothers; na bhavanti = are not; bharatopamaaH = like bharata; putraH = sons; madvidhaaH = like me; pituH = to a father; suhR^ido vaa = or friends; bhavadvidhaaH = like you.
"My dear one! Neither all brothers are like Bharata, nor all sons of a father like me nor all friends are like you."
एवमुक्तस्तु रामेण सुग्रीवः सहलक्स्मणः ||६-१८-१६
उत्थाअयोदम् महाप्राज्ञः प्रणतो वाक्यमब्रवीत् |
16. evam = thus; uktaH = spoken; raameNa = by Rama; sugriivaH = Sugreeva; saha lakshmaNaH = who was together with Lakshmana; mahaapraG^yaH = the highly wise man; utthaaya = stood up; praNataH = saluting; abraviit = and spoke; idam = these; vaakyam = words:
Hearing Rama's words Sugreeva who was together with the highly wise Lakshmana stood up saluting and spoke these words:
रावणेन प्रणिहितम् तमवेहि निशाचरम् ||६-१८-१७
तस्याहम् निग्रहम् मन्ये क्षमम् क्षमवताम् वर |
17. kShamavataamvara = O; Rama the excellent among those who are tolerant! avachi = Realiase; tam = that; nishaacharam = ranger in night(demon); praNihatam = to have been sent; raavaNena = by Ravana; manye = I think; tasya = of him; kshhamam = befitting; nigraham = to be taken as captive."
"O, Rama the excellent among the tolerant! Realise that Ravana has sent Vibhishana, the demon. I think of him to be worthy of being taken as a captive."
राक्षसो जिह्मया बुद्ध्या संदिष्टोऽय मिहागतः ||६-१८-१८
प्रहर्तुम् त्वयि विश्वस्ते विश्वस्ते मयि वानघ |
लक्ष्मणे वा महाबाहो स बध्यः सचिवैः सह ||६-१८-१९
रावणस्य नृशंसस्य भ्राता ह्येष विभीषणः |
18; 19. anagha = O; faultless one! mahaabaaho = O; mighty armed! ayam raakshhasaH = This demon; samdishhTaH = is been sent; prahartum = to strike; tvayi = you; vishvaste = who are unsuspecting; mayivaa = or me; lakshhmaNeva = or Lakshmana; vishvaste = in trust; aagataH = and came; iha = here; jihmayaa = with crooked; buddhyaa = mind; saH = he; sachivaiHsaha = with his counselors; badhyaH = are fit to be imprisoned; vibhiishhaNaH = Vibhishana; bhraata hi = is indeed brother; raavaNasya = of Ravana; nR^ishamsasya = the cruel demon.
"O, the mighty armed Rama! The faultless one! This demon is being sent to kill you who are unsuspecting, or to kill Lakshmana or me in trust. He came here with a crooked mind. He with his counselors is fit to be imprisoned. Is not Vibhishana the brother of cruel Ravana?"
एवमुक्त्वा रघुश्रेष्टं सुग्रीवो वाहिनीपतिः || ६-१८-२०
वाक्यज्ञो वाक्यकुशलं ततो मौनमुपागमत् |
20. uktvaa = speaking; evam = thus; raghushreshhTam = to Rama the best of Raghu dynasty; SugreevaH = Sugreeva; vaakyaG^yaH = who knew the mode of expression; tatah = thereafter; paagamat = obtained; mounam = silence.
Speaking thus to Rama, the best of Raghu dynasty, Sugreeva who knew the mode of expression, thereafter kept silent.
स सुग्रीवस्य तद् वाक्यय्म् रामः श्रुत्वा विमृश्य च ||६-१८-२१
ततः शुभतरम् वाक्यम् उवाच हरि पुम्गवम् |
21. bhrutvaa = hearing; tat vaakyam = those words; sugriivasya = of Sugreeva; raamaH = Rama; vimR^ishyacha = pondered over them and; tataH = thereafter; uvaacha = spoke; subha taram = more auspicious; vaakyam = words; haripuNgavam = to Sugreeva.
Hearing those words of Sugreeva, Rama pondered over the words and thereafter spoke more auspicious words to Sugreeva as follows:
सुदुष्टो वा अपि अदुष्टो वा किम् एष रजनी चरः ||६-१८-२२
सूक्ष्मम् अपि अहितम् कर्तुम् मम अशक्तः कथंचन |
22. kim = what if; eshhaH = this; rajaniicharaH = demon; sudushhTovaa = is very bad? asaktaH = He is incapable; kartum = of doing; kathamchana = scarcely; suukshhmam = a little; ahitamapi = harm ; mama = to me.
"What does it matter whether that demon is very bad or not bad? He is incapable of doing even a little harm to me."
पिशाचान् दानवान् यक्षान् पृथिव्याम् चैव राक्षसान् ||६-१८-२३
अन्गुलि अग्रेण तान् हन्याम् इच्चन् हरि गण ईश्वर |
23. harigaNeshvara = O; Sugreeva Lord of monkey troops! Ichchhan = If I wish; hanyaam = I will kill; taan = those; pishaachaan = devilish beings; daanavaan = demons; yakshhaan = supernatural beings; raakshhasanchaiva = and ogres; pR^ithivyaam = living on earth; aNgulyagreNa = with the tip of my finger.
"O, Sugreeva, Lord of monkey-troops! If I wish, I can kill those devilish beings, demons, supernatural beings and ogres living on earth with just a tip of my finger"
श्रूयते हि कपोतेन शत्रुः शरणम् आगतः ||६-१८-२४
अर्चितः च यथा न्यायम् स्वैः च मांसैर् निमन्त्रितः |
24. shruuyate hi = it is heard; kapotena;by a dove; shatruH = an enemy; aagataH = came; sharaNam = for a refuge; architashcha = was received; yathaanyaayam = according to rules of hospitality; nimantritashcha = and was invited for a feast; svaiH = with its own; maamsaiH = flesh.
"It is narrated how by a dove, its enemy ( a fowler) when it came for a refuge, was received according to rules of hospitality and was invited for a feast with its own flesh."
स हि तम् प्रतिजग्राह भार्या हर्तारम् आगतम् ||६-१८-२५
कपोतो वानर श्रेष्ठ किम् पुनर् मद् विधो जनः |
25. saH kaptaH = that dove; pratijagraaha hi = indeed accepted as a guest; tam = the fowler; aagatam = as he came; bharyaahantaaram = although he killed its wife; kimpunaH = how much more; janaH = a man; madvidhaH = like me?
"O, the excellent of monkeys! The aforesaid dove indeed accepted as a guest, the fowler as he came, although he killed its wife .How much more a man like me has to do?"
ऋषेः कण्वस्य पुत्रेण कण्डुना परम ऋषिणा ||६-१८-२६
शृणु गाथाम् पुरा गीताम् धर्मिष्ठाम् सत्य वादिना |
26. putreNa = the son; puraa = long ago; kanvasya R^ishhe = of a sage called Kanva; satyavaadinaa = a great sage; kaNDuunaa = and by Kandu by name; gathaa = verses; dharmishhThaa = inculcating virtue; giitaa = were sung; shruNu = hear them.
"Hear the verses inculcating virtue so long ago, by Kandu, the son of a sage called Kanva, a great sage and a speaker of truth."
बद्ध अन्जलि पुटम् दीनम् याचन्तम् शरण आगतम् ||६-१८-२७
न हन्याद् आनृशंस्य अर्थम् अपि शत्रुम् परम् पत |
27. paramtapa = O; king the torminator of enemies! Shatrum api = even an enemy; baddhaaNjalipuTram = who formed a cup with his hollowed hands; diinam; a miserable person; yaachantam = a person who is begging; sharaNaagatam = and who is seeking refuge; na hanyaat = should not be killed; anR^ishamsyaartham = with the aim of not being cruel.
"O, king the terminator of enemies! Even an enemy, who formed a cup with his hollowed hands, a miserable person, a person who is begging and who is seeking a refuge should not be killed with the aim of not being cruel."
अर्तो वा यदि वा दृप्तः परेषाम् शरणम् गतः ||६-१८-२८
अरिः प्राणान् परित्यज्य रक्षितव्यः कृत आत्मना |
28. ariH = an enemy; gataH = who gets; sharaNam = a refuge; pareshhaam = from others; aartovaa = even if he is oppressed; yadivaa = or; dR^iptaH = arrogant; rakshhitavyaH = is to be protected; parityajya = by abandoning; praaNaan = even lives; kR^Itaatmanaa = by one who has a well-disciplined mind.
"An enemy who comes for protection against others, even if the aforesaid enemy is oppressed or arrogant, is to be protected by one who has a disciplined mind, even by abandoning one's life."
स चेद् भयाद् वा मोहाद् वा कामाद् वा अपि न रक्षति ||६-१८-२९
स्वया शक्त्या यथा तत्त्वम् तत् पापम् लोक गर्हितम् |
29. saH narakshhatichet = If he does not ; svayaa = by his; shaktyaa = strength; yathaanyaayam = rightly; bhayadvaa = by fear; mohaadvaa = or by ignorance; kamaadvaapi = by or desire; tat = it; paapam = is a sin; lokagarhitam = to be reproached by the world.
"If he does not protect rightly through his strength, by fear or by ignorance or by desire, it is a sin to be reproached by the world."
विनष्टः पश्यतस् तस्य रक्षिणः शरण आगतः ||६-१८-३०
आदाय सुकृतम् तस्य सर्वम् गच्चेद् अरक्षितः |
30. arakshhitaH = having not been protected; gataH = being in; sharaNam = a refuge; tasya = and if that; rakshhiNaH = protector; pashyataH = while seeing; vinashhTaH = dies; tasya = his; sarvam = whole; sukR^itam = moral merit; aadaaya = having taken along; gachchhet = goes.
"If having not been protected, a refugee dies before the eyes of a man who is able to protect him, the former takes along all his moral merit and goes."
एवम् दोषो महान् अत्र प्रपन्नानाम् अरक्षणे ||६-१८-३१
अस्वर्ग्यम् च अयशस्यम् च बल वीर्य विनाशनम्
31. mahaan doshhaH = there is a great blemish; evam = thus; atra = in this; arakshhane = who take refuge; asvargyam = it does not bestow heaven; ayashasyamcha = it destroys reputation; balaviirya vinaashanam = it devastates strength and valor."
"In not protecting thus the persons who take refuge, there is a great blemish involved in it. It does not bestow heaven. It destroys reputation. It devastates strength and valor"
करिष्यामि यथा अर्थम् तु कण्डोर् वचनम् उत्तमम् ||६-१८-३२
धर्मिष्ठम् च यशस्यम् च स्वर्ग्यम् स्यात् तु फल उदये |
32. karishhyaami = I will make; yathaartham = real; uttamam = the excellent; vachanam = words; kaNDoH = of Kandu; syaat = It becomes; dharmishhTham = very righteous; yashasyam = gives a reputation; svargyam = leads to heaven; phalodayam = and rewards appear.
"I will follow the excellent words of Kandu. It becomes a very righteous thing, gives reputation, leads to heaven and the rewards appear consequently."
सकृद् एव प्रपन्नाय तव अस्मि इति च याचते ||६-१८-३३
अभयम् सर्व भूतेभ्यो ददामि एतद् व्रतम् मम |
33. yaachate = he who seeks; prapannaaya = refuge; sakR^ideva = just once; iti = saying that; asmi = I am; tava = yours; dadaami = I shall give; abhayam = assurance of safety; sarva bhuutebhyaH = against all types of beings; etat = this; mama = is my; vratam = pledge.
"He who seeks refuge in me just once, telling me that �I am yours', I shall give him assurance of safety against all types of beings. This is my solemn pledge"
आनय एनम् हरि श्रेष्ठ दत्तम् अस्य अभयम् मया ||६-१८-३४
विभीषणो वा सुग्रीव यदि वा रावणः स्वयम् |
34. sugriiva = O; Sugreeva; harishreshhTha = the chief of monkeys! vibhiishhaNovaa = either he is Vibhishana; yadivaa = or; raavaNaH = Ravana; svayam = himself; abhayam = an assurance of safety; dattam = has been given; asya = to him; mayaa = by me; aanaya = bring; evam = him(here).
"O, Sugreeva, the chief of monkeys! Let him either be Vibhishana or even Ravana himself; I have given an assurance of safety to him. Bring him here."
रामस्य वचनम् श्रुत्वा सुग्रीवः प्लवग ईश्वरः ||६-१८-३५
प्रत्यभाषत काकुत्स्थम् सौहार्देन अभिचोदितः |
35. shrutvaa = hearing; raamasya; = Rama's; vachanaH = words; SugreevaH = Sugreeva; plavageshvara = the Lord of monkeys; abhipuurita = overwhelmed; souhardena = with cordial friendship; pratyabhaashhata = replied; kaakutthsam = to Rama(as follows).
Hearing Rama' s words, Sugreeva the lord of monkeys, overwhelmed as he was with cordial friendship, replied to Rama as follows:
किम् अत्र चित्रम् धर्मज्ञ लोक नाथ शिखा मणे ||६-१८-३६
यत् त्वम् आर्यम् प्रभाषेथाः सत्त्ववान् सपथे स्थितः |
36. dharmaJNa = O; the one who is aware of righteousness; lokanaathasikhaamaNe = the crest jewel among the lords of the world; kim = what; chitram surprise; atra = is there; iti yat = in thinking that; tvam = you; sattvavaan = endowed with true essence; athitaH = and established; satpathe = in right path; prabhaashhethaah = speak; aaryam = these venerable words?
"O, Rama, who knows righteousness, the crest jewel among lords of the world! What surprise is there in thinking that you, duly endowed with true essence of life and established in a right path, speak these venerable words?"
मम च अपि अन्तर् आत्मा अयम् शुद्धिम् वेत्ति विभीषणम् ||६-१८-३७
अनुमनाच् च भावाच् च सर्वतः सुपरीक्षितः |
37. ayam = this; mama = my; antaraatmaa cha = inmost spirit; vetti = feels; vibhiishhanam = Vibhishana; shuddham = to be genuine; supariikshhitaH = being well examined; sarvataH = from all angles; anumaanaat = by act of inference; bhaavaat = and by appearance.
"My inmost spirit also feels Vibhishana to be a genuine person, he being well examined from all angles, by act of inference and by his appearance."
तस्मात् क्षिप्रम् सह अस्माभिस् तुल्यो भवतु राघव ||६-१८-३८
विभीषणो महाप्राज्ञः सखित्वम् च अभ्युपैतु नः |
38. raaghavaa = O; Rama; Tasmaat = Hence; bhavatu = let; vhbhiishhaNah = Vibhishana; maahaapraajJNaH = the highly wise; tulyaH = be equal; asmaabhiH cha = among us together; abhyupaitu = let him get; sakhitvamcha = friendship too; nah = with us.
"O, Rama! Hence, let the highly wise Vibhishana be equal among us soon together. Let him get our friendship too"
ततस् तु सुग्रीव वचो निशम्यत|
हरि ईश्वरेण अभिहितम् नर ईश्वरः |
विभीषणेन आशु जगाम सम्गमम् |
पतत्रि राजेन यथा पुरम् दरः ||६-१८-३९
39. nishamya = hearing; tat sugriiva vachaH = those words of Sugreeva; nareshvaraH = Rama the king of men; abhihitam = as acknowledged; hariishvarena = by Sugreeva; jagaama = held; samgamam = meeting; vibhiiShaNena = with Vibhishana; puramdaraH yathaa = as Indra the lord of celestials; patattrirajena = had with Garuda the king of birds.
Hearing those words of Sugreeva, Rama the king of men, as acknowledged by Sugreeva, held meeting with Vibhishana, as Indra the lord of celestials once met Garuda the king of birds.
- - - -
इत्यार्षे श्रीमद्रामायणे आदिकाव्ये युद्धकाण्डे अष्टादशः सर्गः
Thus, this is the 18th chapter in Yuddha Kanda of Valmiki Ramayana, the First Epic poem of India.
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© 2008, K. M. K. Murthy [Revised : August 08]
What the world says about
moved by FREE Go FTP Program