Ravana instructs Prahasta, chief of his army to defend the city of Lanka carefully. Prahasta positioned the army for defense accordingly at suitable places both inside and outside the city. Ravana then narrates how he brought beautiful Seetha to Lanka from Dandaka forest, because of his growing infatuation for her. Ravana asks his companions and relatives gathered there, to suggest ways and means to kill Rama and Lakshmana. Then, Kumbhakarna, Ravana's brother first accuses Ravana of his unworthy act but assures him that he would neutralize that dishonour by killing the enemies.
स ताम् परिषदम् कृत्स्नाम् समीक्ष्य समितिम्जयः |
प्रबोधयामास तदा प्रहस्तम् वाहिनीपतिम् || ६-१२-१
1. tadaa = then; saH = that Ravana; samitimjayaH = eminent in an assembly; dR^iSTvaa = having seen; kR^itsnaam = all; taam pariSadam = that gathering; tadaa = at that time; prabodhayaamaasa = instructed; prahastam = Prahasta; vaahiniipatim = the commander of the army (as follows):
Then, Ravana an eminent person in the assembly, having seen all that gathering, instructed Prahasta the chief of his army (as follows):
सेनापते यथा ते स्युः कृतविद्याश्चतुर्विधाः |
योधा नगररक्षायाम् तथा व्यादेष्टुमर्हसि || ६-१२-२
2. senapate = "O; commander!; te = (Let) those; yodhaaH = warriors; kR^itavidyaaH = well-trained; chaturvidhaaH = in four ways; yathaa = how; syuH = (they) stand; nagararakSaayaam = in defence of the city; tathaa = in that way' arhasi = you are allowed; vyaadeSTum = to command.
"O, commander! You are allowed to issue an order to see that well-trained warriors belonging to the four divisions of the army (viz.cavalry, infantry, chariots and elephants) are entrusted with the defense of the city."
स प्रहस्तः प्रतीतात्मा चिकीर्षन् राजशासनम् |
विनिक्षिपद् बलम् सर्वम् बहिरन्तश्च मन्दिरे || ६-१२-३
3. saH = that; prahastaH = Prahasta; pratiitaatmaa = steadfast in his mind; chikiirSan = with a desire to follow; raajashaasanam = king's order; vinikSipat = stationed; sarvam = the whole; balam = army; bahiH = outside; antashca = and inside; mandire = the city.
Prahasta, resolute in his mind to follow the king's orders stationed the whole army both outside as well as inside the city.
ततो विनिक्षिप्य बलम् सर्वम् नगरगुप्तये |
प्रहस्तः प्रमुखे राज्ञो निषसाद जगाद च || ६-१२-४
4. tataH = thereafter; prahastaH = Prahasta; vinikSipya = keeping; sarvam = the whole; balam = army; nagaraguptaye = in defence of the city; niSasaada = sat; pramukhe = in front; raaN^aH = of the king; jagaada = and spoke (as follows).
Thereafter, Prahasta after keeping the whole army in defence of the city, sat in front of the king and spoke (as follows):
विहितम् बहिरन्तश्च बलम् बलवतस्तव |
कुरुष्वाविमनाः क्षिप्रम् यदभिप्रेतमस्ति ते || ६-१२-५
5. tava = your; balam = army; balavataH = as strong (as you are); vihitam = has been stationed; bahiH = outside; antashca = and inside; kuruSva = do; kSipram = quickly; yat = what; asti = is; abhipretam = preference; te = to you; avimanaaH = with an undistracted mind."
Your army, as strong as you are, has been positioned both outside and inside the city. Pray do quickly, with an undistracted mind, whatever is preferable to you."
प्रहस्तस्य वचः श्रुत्वा राजा राज्यहितैषिणः |
सुखेप्सुः सुहृदाम् मध्ये व्याजहार स रावणः || ६-६-१२
6. saH = that; raavaNaH = Ravana; raajaa = the king; shrutvaa = hearing; vachaH = the words; prahastasya = of Prahasta; raajya hitaishhiNaH = who wished the welfare of the kingdom; sukhepsuH = being desirous of obtaining happiness; vyaajahara = spoke (as follows); madhye = in the middle; suhR^idaam = of his friends.
Hearing the words of Prahasta, who wished the welfare of the kingdom, king Ravana, with a desire to obtain happiness, spoke in the desire midst of his friends as follows:
प्रियाप्रिये सुख दुःखम् लाभालाभे सिताहिते |
धर्मकामार्थकृच्च्रेषु यूयमार्हथ वेदितुम् || ६-१२-७
7. yuuyam = (when) you; dharma; kaamaarthkR^ichchhreshhe = are in difficult situations regarding virtue pleasure and wealth; arhatha = you are able; veditum = to have a correct notion; riyaapriye = of pleasant and unpleasant things; sukham duHkham = of happiness and sorrow; laabhaalaabhe = of gain and detriment; hitaahite = and of advantages and disadvantages of things.
When you are in difficult situations regarding virtue pleasure and wealth, you are able to have a correct notion of pleasant and unpleasant things, happiness and sorrow, gain and detriment as well as advantages and disadvantages."
सर्वकृत्यानि युष्माभिः समारब्धनि सर्वदा |
मन्त्रकर्मनियुक्तानि न जातु विफलानि मे || ६-१२-८
8. me = My; sarvakR^ityaani = entire; tasks; sarvadaa = always; samarambhaani = undertaken; yuSmaabhiH = by you; mantrakarmaniyuktaani = with an act of attention; na jaatu = were never; viphalaani = in vain."
"All of my works undertaken by you with an act of attention, were never in vain."
ससोमग्रहनक्षत्रैर्मरुद्भिरिव वासवः |
भवद्भिरहमत्यर्थम् वृतः श्रियमवाप्नुयाम् || ६-१२-९
9. aham = I; avapnuyaam = will obtain; atyartham = maximum; shriyam = prosperity; vR^itaH = while abiding; bhavadbhiH = with you; vaasavaH iva = as Inidra; (obtains prosperity); sa somagrahanakshhatraiH = while abdiding with moon; planets and stars; marudbhiH = as well as celestials."
"I will obtain maximum prosperity, while abiding with you, as Indra obtains properity while abiding with moon, planets, stars and celestials."
अहम् तु खलु सर्वन्वः समर्थयुतुमुद्यतः |
कुमभकर्णस्य तु स्वप्नान्नेममर्थमचोदयम् || ६-१२-१०
10. aham = I; udyataH = an intent on; samarthayitum = reminding; sarvaan = all; vaH = of you; kumbhakarNasya tu = but to Kumbhakarna; svapnaat = beacuse of his sleep; na achodayam = I could not inform; imam = this; artham = matter.
"I am intent on reminding all of you again. But I could not inform this matter earlier to Kumbhakarna because of his sleep."
अयम् हि सुप्तः ष्ण्मासान् कुम्भकर्णो महाबलः |
सर्वशस्त्रभृतम् मुख्यः स इदानीम् समुत्थितः || ६-१२-११
11. ayam = this; mahaabalaH = very strong kumbhakarNaH = Kumbhakarna; mukhyaH = the chief; sarvashastrabhR^itaam = among the entire wielders of weapons; suptaH hi = was indeed sleeping; shhaTmaasaaH = for the last six months; saH = He; samutthitaH = woke up; idaaniim = now.
"This most powerful Kumbhakarna, the chief among all the wielders of weapons, was indeed sleeping for the last six months and now, he woke up."
इयम् च दण्डकारण्य़ाद्रामस्य महिषी प्रिया |
रक्षोभिश्चरितोद्देशादानीता जनकात्मजा || ६-१२-१२
12. iyam = this; janakaatmajaa = Seetha; priyaa = the beloved; mahiSii = wife; raamasya = of Rama; aaniitaa = was brought; daNDakaaraNyaat = from the forest of Dandaka; charitoddeshaat = the place randered; rakSobhiH = by demons."
"Seetha the beloved wife of Rama was brought from the forest of Dandaka, the place frequented by demons."
सा मे न शय्यामारोढुमिच्चत्यलसगामिनी |
त्रिषुलोकेषु चान्या मे न सीतासदृशी मता || ६-१२-१३
13. saa = She; alasaagaaminii = who walks slowly; na ichchhati = does not like; aaroDhum = to reach; me = my; shayyam = bed; namataa = It is not acceptable; me = to me; anyaa = any other woman; siitaa sadR^ishii = similar to Seetha; triSu = in the three; lokeSu = worlds.
Seetha of languid pace, does not like to reach my bed. I do not imagine any other woman similar to Seetha existing in the three worlds."
तनुमध्या पृथुश्रोणी शरदिन्दुनिभानना |
हेमबिम्बनिभा सौम्यामायेव मयनिर्मिता || ६-१२-१४
14. tanumadhyaa = (She has) a slim waist; pR^ithy shroNii = well-developed hips; sharadindunibhaananaa = her face similar to antumnal moon; hema bimbanibhaa = looking like an image of gold; saumyaa = placid; maayeva = like an illusory image; mayanirmitaa = made by Maya.
"She has a slim waist, well-developed hips, and a face similar to an autumnal moon. Looking like an idol of gold and being placid She appears like an illusory image created by Maya.
Maya: Architect of demons, also versed in magic, astronomy and military science.
सुलोहिततलौ श्लक्क्षणौ चरणौ सुप्रतिष्ठतौ |
दृष्ट्वा ताम्रनखौ तस्या दीप्यते मे शरीरजः || ६-१२-१५
15. dR^iSTvaa = seeing; tasyaaH = Her; charoNau = feet; sulohitatalau = with a little reddish soles; shlakSNau = smooth; supratiSThitau = evenly resting on the ground; taamranakhau = with lightly reddish nails; me = my; shariirajaH = lust; diipyate = is kindled.
"Seeing Her feet with rose-coloured soles, smooth and evenly resting on ground with the rosy soles, my lust is kindled."
हुताग्निरर्चिःसम्काशामेनाम् सौरीमिव प्रभाम् |
उन्नसम् विमलम् वल्गु वदनम् चारुलोचनम् || ६-१२-१६
पश्यंस्तदवशस्तस्याः कामस्य वशमेयिवान् |
16. pashyan = seeing; tasyaaH = Her; tat = that; vadanam = countenance; hutaagnirarchiH sankaasham = similar to the flame of a sacrificial fire; prabhaamiva = (and) looking like radiance; sauriim = of the sun; enaam = with her; unnasam = prominent nose; chaarulochanam = her pretty eyes; vimalam = which are clear; valgu = and handsome; avasham = not being in my fire will; eyivaan = I obtained; vasham = the will; kaamesya = of passion."
"Seeing her countenance similar to the flame of a sacrificial fire and looking like the radiance of the sun, with her prominent nose and the pretty clear and handsome eyes, I became unrestrained, having submitted to the will of my passion."
क्रोधहर्षसमानेन दुर्वर्णकरणेन च || ६-१२-१७
शोकसम्तापनित्येन कामेन कलुषीकृतः |
17. kalushhiikR^itaH = I have been polluted; kaamena = by lust; krodha harshhasamaanena = equally in anger and pleasure; durvarNakaraNenacha = making me pale; shokasantaapanityena = and is ever present in grief and anguish."
"I have been polluted by lust and equally by anger and pleasure thus making me pale and I have been ever since in grief and anguish."
सा तु सम्वत्सरम् कालम् मामयाचत भामिनी || ६-१२-१८
प्रतीक्षमाणा भर्तारम् राममायतलोचना |
तन्मया चारुनेत्रायाः प्रतिज्ञातम् वचः शुभम् || ६-१२-१९
श्रान्तोऽहम् सततम् कामाद्यातो हय इवाध्वनि |
18;19. pratiikSamaaNaa = looking forward; raamam = for Rama; bhartaaram = her husband; saa = that; aayatalochanaa = large-eyed; bhaaminii = Seetha; ayaachata = requested; maam = me; samvatsaram kaalam = year's time; tat = those; shubham = auspicious; vachaH = words; chaaran netraayaaH = of the charmingly eyed Seetha; pratijJNaatam = were accepted; mayaa = by me; aham = I; shraantaH = am wearied; kaamaat = of lust; hayaH iva = like a horse yaataH = going; aadhvani = along the way; satatam = uninterruptedly.
"Looking forward Rama, her husband, that longish large eyed Seetha, requested me to give time for one year. I accepted the auspicious words of the charmingly eyed Seetha. I am wearied of this lust, like a horse galloping along a path continuously."
कथम् सागरमक्षोभ्यम् तरिष्यन्ति वनौकसः || ६-१२-२०
बहुसत्त्वसमाकीर्णम् तौ वा दशरथात्मजौ |
20. katham = how; vanaukasaH = the monkeys or; tau = those; dasharaatmajau vaa = Rama and Lakshmana; tariSyanti = can cross; saagaram = the ocean; akSobhyam = the unassailable; bahusattvasamaakiirNam = completely crowded with sea-animals?
How the monkeys or even Rama and Lakshmana can cross the unassailable ocean, completely infested as it was with sea-animals?"
अथवा कपिनैकेन कृतम् नः कदनम् महत् || ६-१२-२१
दुर्ज्ञेयाः कार्यगतयो ब्रूत यस्य यथामति |
athvaa = Is it not so; ekena kapinaa = by one monkey; mahat = a huge; kadanam = destruction; kR^itam = was done; naH = to us; kaaryagatayaH = the consequences of their actions; durN^eyaaH = are not known; bruuta = tell (me); yathaamati = according to your own intellect; yasya = what is there (in your mind).
"on the other hand, a huge destruction was done to us, by a single monkey. The consequences of their acts are unpredictable. Tell me what is there in your mind, according to your own understanding."
मानुषान्नो भयम् नास्ति तथापि तु विमृश्यताम् || ६-१२-२२
तदा देवासुरे युद्दे युष्माभिः सहितोऽजयम् |
ते मे भवन्तश्च तथा सुग्रीवप्रमुखान् हरीन् || ६-१२-२३
परे पारे समुद्रस्य पुरस्कृत्य नृपात्मजौ |
सीतायाः पदवीम् प्राप्य सम्प्राप्तौ वरुणालयम् || ६-१२-२४
22;23;24. naasti = no; bhayam = fear; naH = to us; maanuSaat = with human beings; tathaapi = even so; vimR^ishyataam = let it be deliberated; tadaa = at that time; sahitaH = together; yushhmaabhiH = with you; ajayam = I conquered; devaasurayuddhe = in the battle between celestials and demons; te = those; bhantashca = of you also; me = on my side; tathaa = (conquered) in the same manner; praapya = procuring; padaviim = access; siitaayaaH = of Seetha; nR^ipaatmajau = Rama and Lakshama; the princes; puraskR^itya = placing in front; vaanaraan = the monkeys; sugriiva pramukhaan = like Sugreeva and others; sampraaptau; well-reached; varuNaalayam = the ocean; parepaare = on the other bank; samudrasya = of the ocean.
"We have no fear with human beings. Even so, the matter can be discussed. Earlier, together with you, I conquered the celestials in a battle between the celestials and demons. You also conquered them. Knowing the whereabouts of Seetha, Rama and Lakshmana together with Sugreeva and other monkeys reached the other shore of the ocean."
अदेया च यथा सीता वध्यौ दशरथात्मजौ |
भवद्भिर्मन्त्य्रताम् मन्त्रः सुनीतम् चाभिधीयताम् || ६-१२-२५
25. mantraH mantryataam = let a thought be deliberated; bharadbhiH = by you; yathaa = how; siitaa = Settha; adeyaa = may not be given; dasharathaatmajau = (and) how Rama and Lakshama; vadhyauca = may be killed; suniitam = A prudent advice; abhidhiiyatamca = be mentioned."
"Let a consultation be held by you and a judicious line of course suggested, so that Seetha may not have to be handed -over to them back and Rama and Lakshmana may be killed."
न हि शक्तिम् प्रपश्यामि जगत्यन्यस्य कस्यचित् |
सागरम् वानरैस्तीर्त्वा विश्चयेन जयो मम || ६-१२-२६
26. na prapashyaami = I do not see; kasyachit = any; anyasya = other; shaktim = capability; tiirtvaa = to cross; saagaram = the ocean; vaanaraiH = along with the monkeys; jayaH = Victory; nishchayena = is surely; mama = mine."
"I do not see any other's capability to cross the ocean even so with the monkeys. Victory is surely mine."
तस्य कामपरीतस्य निशम्य परिदेवितम् |
कुम्भकर्णः प्रचुक्रोध वचनम् चेदमब्रवीत् || ६-१२-२७
27. nishamya = hearing; paridevitam = the lamentation; tasya = of Ravana; kaamapariitasya = captivated by lust; kumbhakarNa = Kumabhakara; prachukrodha = was angry; abraviitcha = and spoke; idam = those; vachanam = words.
Hearing the lamentation of Ravana who was captivated by lust, Kumbhakarana became angry and spoke the following words:
यदा तु रामस्य सलक्ष्मणस्य |
प्रसह्य सीता खलु पा इहाऽहृता |
सकृत्समीक्षैव सुनिश्चितम् तदा |
भजेत चित्तम् यमुनेव यामुनम् || ६-१२-२८
28. yadaa = when; siitaa = Seetha; raamasya = of Rama; salakshhmaNasya = accompanied by Lakshmana; khalu = indeed; aahR^itaa = was brought; iha = here; prasahya = forcibly; tadaa; then itself; sakR^it = once; samiikshhyena = by contemplating thoroughly; chittam = your mind; bhajeta = should have driven into; sunishchitam = a good decision; yaamunaniva = like filling the depression at its source; yamunaa = by Yamuna River."
"You should have contemplated thoroughly that very moment when Seetha was brought here forcibly only after a single impulsive thought from the hermitage of Rama, who was accompanied by Lakshmana, even like the river Yamuna fills the depression at its source the moment it descends on earth."
सर्वमेतन्महाराज कृतमप्रतिमम् तव |
विधीयेत सहास्माभिरादावेवास्य कर्मणः || ६-१२-२९
29. mahaaraaja = O; emperor!; aadaaneva = athe beginning itself; asya = of this; karmaNaH = action; apratimam = it would have been unequalled; tava = to you; yadi sarvam = (if)all etat = this; kR^itam = act of consultation asmaabhiH saha = with us; vidhiiyetayadi = was done.
"O, emperor! If all this act of consultation with us was done at the beginning of this action itself (of bringing Seetha here), it would have been worthy of you."
न्यायेन राजकार्याणि यः करोति दशानन |
न स सम्तप्यते पश्चान्निश्चतार्थमतिर्नृपः || ६-१२-३०
30. dashaanana = O; Ravana; yaH = which; nR^ipaH = king; karoti = does; raajakaaryaani = king's functions; nishchitaarthamatiH = with a mind; ascertained; nyaayenna = by justice; saH = he; nasantapyate = will not repent; pashchaat = thereafter."
"O, Ravana! A king who performs king's functions with a mind duly ascertained by justice, will not repent thereafter."
अनुपायेन कर्माणि विपरीतानि यानि च |
क्रियमाणानि दुष्यन्ति हवीम्ष्यप्रयतेष्विन || ६-१२-३१
31. karmaaNi = actions; vuoaruutaabu = oervertedktl kriyamaaNaani = done; anupaayena = witout use of any strategem; duSyanti = get spoiled; haviinshhiiva = even as oblations; aprayate = not intent on devotion.
"Actions done pervertedly without use of any stratagem get spoiled, even as oblations not intent on devotion got spoiled.
यः पश्चात्पूर्वकार्याणि कर्माण्यभिचिकीर्षति |
पूर्वम् चापरकर्याणि न स वेद नयानयौ || ६-१२-३२
32. yaH = He who; chikiirshhati = wants to do; karmaaNi = actions; puurvakaaryaani = which ought to be done before; pashchaat = later; aparakaryaaNi = and actions which ought to be done later; puurvamca = \ before; saH = he; na veda = is not aware; nayaanayau = of predence and imprudence.
"He who is not aware of prudence and imprudence, wants to do actions which are to be done before at a later stage and actions which are to be done later at a stage before."
चपलस्य तु कृत्येषु प्रसमीक्स्याधिकम् बलम् |
चिद्रमन्ये प्रपद्यन्ते क्रौञ्चस्य खमिव द्विजाः || ६-१२-३३
33. prasamiikshhya = seeing; adhikam = superior; balam = strength; chapalasya = of a hasteful enemy (others); prapadyante = look for; chhidram = his weak point; dvijaaH iva = even as swans; kham = (seek) the cleavage; krauNchasya = in Kraucha mountain.
"Seeing superior strength in a hasteful enemy, some look for his weak point, even as swans seek the cleavage in the Kraunca mountain."
God Kartikeya (son of Lord Shiva) made a cleavage in Krauncha mountain with His javelin. (Mahabharata, Salya Parva 46-84).
त्वयेदम् महादारभम् कार्य मप्रतिचिन्तितम् |
दिष्ट्या त्वाम् नावधीद्रामो विषमिश्रमिवामृतम् || ६-१२-३४
34. idam = this; mahat = great; kaaryam = act; aarabdham = was undertaken; tvayaa = by you; apratichintitam = without proper thinking; diSTyaa = by good fortune; raamaH = Rama; naavadhiit = did not kill; tvaam = you; aamiSam iva = even as the meat; viSamishram = mixed with poison."
"This great act was undertaken by you without proper thinking. By good fortune, Rama did not kill you even as the meat mixed with poison would kill the consumer."
तस्मात्त्वया समारब्धम् कर्म ह्यप्रतिमम् परैः |
अहम् समीकरिष्यामि हत्वा शत्रूम् स्तनानघ || ६-१२-३५
35. anagha = O; irreproachable brother!; tasmaat = therefore; hatvaa = by killing; tava = your; shatruum = enemies; samiikarishhyaami = I shall neutralise; apratimam = the dishonourable; karma = act; samaarabdham = undertaken; tvayaa = by you; paraiH = in relation to your enemies."
"O, irreproachable brother! Therefore by killing your enemies, I shall neutralize the dishonourable act undertaken by you in relation to your enemies."
अहमुत्सादयिष्यामि शत्रूंस्तव निशाचर |
यदि शक्रविवस्वन्तौ यदि पावकमारुतौ || ६-१२-३६
तावहम् योधयिष्यामि कुबेरवरुणावपि |
36. nishaachara = O; ranger of night!; aham = I; utsaadayishhyaami = shall destroy; tava = your; shatruun = enemies; aham = I; yodhayishhyaami = shall do battle with; tau = the two brother; yadi = even if (they are); shakravivasvautau = Indra and the sun-god; yadi paavakamaarutau = even if god of fire and the wind-god; kubera varuNaavapi = or Kubera (the god of riches) and Varuna (the god of water).
"O, ranger of night! I shall destroy your enemies. I shall do battle with the two brothers, even if they are Indra and the sun-god or the god of fire and the wind-god or Kubera (the god of riches) and Varuna (the god of water).
गिरिमात्रशरीरस्य महापरिघयोधिनः || ६-१२-३७
नर्दतस्तीक्ष्णदम्ष्ट्रस्य बिभीयाद्वै पुरन्दरः |
37. purandaraH = even Indra; bibhiiyat vai = indeed will be afraid of me; girimaatra shariirasya = with a mountain-sized body; tiikshhNadamsTrasya = fiery teeth; nardataH = making a roaring sound; mahaaparigha yodhinaH = attacking with an immense bludgeon."
"Entering the combat with a mountain-sized body and fiery teeth, roaring the while and attacking with an immense bludgeon, I shall strike terror in Indra himself!"
पुनर्माम् सद्वितीयेन शरेण निहनिष्यति || ६-१२-३८
ततोऽहम् तस्य पास्यामि रुधिरम् काममाश्वस |
38. saH = (before) that Rama; nihanishhyati = strikes; maam = me; punaH = once more; dvitiiyena = with a second; shareNa = arrow; tataH = immediately; paasyaami = I shall drink; tasya = his; rudhiram = blood; aashvasa = cheer-up; kaamam = freely."
"Even before Rama strikes me once more with a second arrow, I shall drink his blood. Cheer up freely.
वधेव वै दाशरथेह् सुखावहम् |
जयम् तवाहर्तुमहम् तयिष्ये |
हत्वा च रामम् सह लक्ष्मणेन |
खादामि सर्वान् हरियूथमुख्यान् || ६-१२-३९
39. aham = I; yatiSve = shall try; aahartum = to fetch; jayam = victory; sukhavaham = which brings pleasure; tava = to you; vadhena = by killing; daasharadhena = of Rama; hatvaa = by killing; raamam = Rama; lakshhmaNena iha = along with lakshmana; khaadaami = I shall eat awa; sarvaan = all hariyuuthamukhyaan = the leaders of monkey- troops."
"I shall try to fetch victory, which brings pleasure to you, by the killing of Rama. By exterminating Rama along with Lakshmana, I shall devour all the leaders of monkey-troops."
रमस्व कामम् पिब चाग्र्यवारुणीम् |
कुरुष्व कार्वाणि हितानि विज्वरः |
मया तु रामे गमिते यमक्षयम् |
चिराय सीता वशगा भविष्यति || ६-१२-४०
40. ramasva = enjoy yourself; kaamam = freely; piba = drink; agryavaaruNiim = excellent of your desire; vijvaraH = without anxiety; raame = Rama; gamite = having been despatched; yamakshhayam = to the abode of death; mayaa = by me; siita = Seetha; bhavishhyati = will be; vashaga = at your disposal; chiraaya = forever."
"Enjoy yourself freely. Drink excellent of wines to the extent of your desire without any anxiety. Rama, having been dispatched by me to the abode of death, Seetha will be at your disposal forever."
- - - -
इत्यार्षे श्रीमद्रामायणे आदिकाव्ये युद्धकाण्डे द्वादशः सर्गः
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© July 2003, K. M. K. Murthy