Realizing that the woman he saw at Ravana's house was not Seetha, Hanuma begins to search again for Seetha.
अवधूय च ताम् बुद्धिम् बभूव अवस्थितः तदा |
जगाम च अपराम् चिन्ताम् सीताम् प्रति महा कपिः || ५-११-१
1. mahaakapiH = the great Hanuma; tadaa = then; avadhuuya = removing; taam buddhim = that thought; bhabhuuva = became avasthitaH = with the right mind; jagaama = and went; aparaam chintaam = (with)another thought; siitaam prati = about Seetha.
The great Hanuma then removing that thought became with the right mind and had another thought about Seetha.
न रामेण वियुक्ता सा स्वप्तुम् अर्हति भामिनी |
न भोक्तुम् न अपि अलम्कर्तुम् न पानम् उपसेवितुम् || ५-११-२
न अन्यम् नरम् उपस्थातुम् सुराणाम् अपि च ईश्वरम् |
न हि राम समः कश्चिद् विद्यते त्रिदशेष्व् अपि || ५-११-३
अन्या इयम् इति निश्चित्य पान भूमौ चचार सः |
2;3. saa bhaaminii = that Seetha; na arhate = is not suitable; svaptum = to sleep ; raameNa viyuktaa = separated from Rama; na bhoktum = will not eat; na apyalamkartum api = will not decorate also; na = not suited; upasevitum = to drink; paanam = a beverage; upasthaatum = to reach; anyam naram = another man; suraaNaam eshvaram api = even though he were Indra; hi = because; na vidyate hi = there is indeed no; kashchit = one; raamasamaH = equalling Rama; tridasheshhvapi = even among gods; iyam anyaa = this is another woman; iti = thus; nishchitya = deciding; saH = that Hanuma; chachaara = paced; paanabhuumau = in that banqueting hall.
That Seetha is not suitable to sleep separated from Rama, will not eat, will not decorate also, not suited to drink a beverage, to reach another man even though if he were Indra because there is indeed no one equaling Rama even among gods. This is another woman - thus deciding that Hanuma paced in that banqueting hall.
क्रीडितेन अपराः क्लान्ता गीतेन च तथा पराः || ५-११-४
नृत्तेन च अपराः क्लान्ताः पान विप्रहताः तथा |
4. aparaaH = some women; klaantaaH = were tired; kriiDitena = from erotic dalliance; tathaa = and then; aparaaH = some other women; giitena = (were tired) from singing; aparaaH = some others; klaantaaH = were weary; nR^ittena = from dance; tathaa = and; paanaviprahataaH = were unconscious from consumption of liquor.
Some women were tired from erotic dalliance and then some other women were tired from singing; some others were weary from dance and were unconscious from consumption of liquor.
मुरजेषु म्ऱ्दन्गेषु पीठिकासु च संस्थिताः || ५-११-५
तथा आस्तरण मुख्य्येषु सम्विष्टाः च अपराः स्त्रियः |
5. samsthitaaH = (some women) were stationed; murajeshhu = on tabors; mR^idaN^geshhu = on mrudangaas; piiThikaasu cha = on seats; aparaaH = some other; striyaH = women; samvishhThaaH = rested; aastaraNamukhyeshhu = on chief carpets.
Some women were stationed on tabors, on Mrudangas, on seats, some other women rested on chief carpets.
अङ्गनानाम् सहस्रेण भूषितेन विभूषणैः || ५-११-६
रूप सम्ल्लाप शीलेन युक्त गीत अर्थ भाषिणा |
देश काल अभियुक्तेन युक्त वाक्य अभिधायिना || ५-११-७
रत अभिरत संसुप्तम् ददर्श हरि यूथपः |
6;7. hariyuudhapaH = the warrior among Vanaras; dadarsha = saw; anN^ganaanaam sahasreNa = a thousand of women; bhuushhitena = decorated; vibhuushhaNaiH = by jewellery; ruupasallaapashiilena = with a nature of talking about beauty; yuktagiitaarthabhaashhiNaa = conversing about the correct meaning of songs(being sung) deshakaalaabhiyuktena = behaving according to time and place; yuktavaakyaabhidhaayinaa = wont to speak appropriate words; rathaabhirathasamsuptam = indulged in sleep after sexual dalliance.
The warrior among Vanaras saw a thousand of women decorated by jewellery with a nature of talking about beauty, conversing about the correct meaning of songs being sung, behaving according to time and place, wont to speak appropriate words, indulged in sleep after sexual dalliance.
तासाम् मध्ये महा बाहुः शुशुभे राक्षस ईश्वरः || ५-११-८
गोष्ठे महति मुख्यानाम् गवाम् मध्ये यथा वृषः |
8. madhye = in the middle; taasaam = of that group of women; rakshasheshvaraH = Ravana; mahaabaahuH = with great arms; shushubhe = shone; vR^ishhabhaiva = like a bull; gavaam madhye = in the middle of cows; mahatighoshhThe = in a big cow-pen.
In the middle of that group of women, Ravana with great arms shone like a bull in the middle of cows in a big cow-pen.
स राक्षस इन्द्रः शुशुभे ताभिः परिवृतः स्वयम् || ५-११-९
करेणुभिर् यथा अरण्यम् परिकीर्णो महा द्विपः |
9. saH raakshasendraH svayam = that Ravana himself; parivR^itaH = surrounded; taabhiH = by those women; shushubhe = shone; mahaadvipaH yathaa = like a great elephant; parikiirNaH = surrounded; kareNubhiH = by she elephants; mahaaraNye = in a great forest;
That Ravana himself surrounded by those women, shone like a great elephant surrounded by she elephants in a great forest.
सर्व कामैर् उपेताम् च पान भूमिम् महात्मनः || ५-११-१०
ददर्श कपि शार्दूलः तस्य रक्षः पतेर् गृहे |
10. harishaardhuulaH = the best among Vanaras; dadarsha = saw; tasya mahaatmanaH rakshaHpateH = in that wealthy Ravana's; gR^ihe = house; paanabhuumim cha = a bar also; upetaam = consisting; sarvakaamaiH = of all desirables.
The best among Vanaras saw in that wealthy Ravana's house a bar also, consisting of all desirables.
मृगाणाम् महिषाणाम् च वराहाणाम् च भागशः || ५-११-११
तत्र न्यस्तानि मांसानि पान भूमौ ददर्श सः |
11. saH = Hanuma; dadarsha = saw; tatra = there; paanabhuumau = in that bar; maamsaani = meat; mR^igaaNaam = of dear; mahishhaaNaam cha = and of buffalo; varaahaaNaam cha = of wild boar; nyastaani = kept; bhaagashaH = separately;
Hanuma saw there in that bar, meat of dear and of buffalo, of wild boar kept separately.
रौक्मेषु च विशलेषु भाजनेष्व् अर्ध भक्षितान् || ५-११-१२
ददर्श कपि शार्दूल मयूरान् कुक्कुटामः तथा |
12. harishaarduulaH = the best among Vanaras; dadarsha = saw; ardhabhakshitaan = half eaten; mayuraan = peacocks; tathaa = and; kukuTaan = chicken; vishaaleshhu bhaajaneshhu = in wide vessels; raukmeshhu = of golden colour.
The best among Vanaras saw half eaten peacocks and chicken in wide vessels of golden colour.
वराह वार्ध्राणसकान् दधि सौवर्चल आयुतान् || ५-११-१३
शल्यान् म्ऱ्ग मयूरामः च हनूमान् अन्ववैक्षत |
13. hanumaan = Hanuma; anvavaikshata = observed; varaahavaardhraaNashakaan = meat of pigs and goat; shalyaan = porcupines; mR^igamayuuraamshcha = deer and peacocks; dadhisauuvarchalaayutaan = preserved in curds and sochal salt.
Hanuma observed meat of pigs and goats, porcupines, deer and peacocks preserved in curds and sochal salt.
कृकरान् विविधान् सिद्धामः चकोरान् अर्ध भक्षितान् || ५-११-१४
महिषान् एक शल्यामः च चागामः च कृत निष्ठितान् |
लेख्यम् उच्च अवचम् पेयम् भोज्यानि विविधानि च || ५-११-१५
14;15. (Hanuma saw) krakaraan = birds called Krakara; vividhaansiddhaan = cooked ready(to be eaten) in variety of ways; chakoraan = birds called Chakoras; ardhabhakshitaan = half eaten; mahishhaan = wild buffalos; ekashalyaamshcha = fishes called ekashleya; chhaagaamshcha = goats; lehyaan = food to be licked; vuchchaavachaan = of various kinds; peyaan = beverages; vividhaani bhojyaani = (and) various foods.
Hanuma saw birds called Krakara cooked ready to be eaten in variety of ways, birds called Chakoras half eaten, wild buffalos, fishes called ekashleya, goats, food to be licked of various kinds, beverages and various foods.
तथा अम्ल लवण उत्तंसैर् विविधै राग षाडवैः |
हार नूपुर केयूरैर् अपविद्धैर् महा धनैः || ५-११-१६
पान भाजन विक्षिप्तैः फलैः च विविधैर् अपि |
कृत पुष्प उपहारा भूर् अधिकम् पुष्यति श्रियम् || ५-११-१७
16; 17. tathaa = In the same way; bhuuH = that floor; shriyam pushhyati = was obtaining glory; adhikam = greatly; raagashhaaDabaiH = with Ragas and Shadabas; aamla lavaNottaM saiH = seasoned with sour and salty sauces; haaranuupurakeyuuraiH = with necklaces; anklets and armlets; mahaadhanaiH = of great value; apaviddhaiH = thrown around; vividhaiH phalaishcha = with various fruits; paanabhaajana vikshiptaiH = left in drinking vessels; kR^ita pushhpopa haaraa = with flowers sprinkled.
In the same way that floor was obtaining glory greatly with Ragas and Shadabas seasoned with sour and salty sauces, with necklaces, anklets and armlets of great value thrown around, with various fruits left in drinking vessels, with flowers sprinkled.
तत्र तत्र च विन्यस्तैः सुश्लिष्टैः शयन आसनैः |
पान भूमिर् विना वह्निम् प्रदीप्ता इव उपलक्ष्यते || ५-११-१८
18. paana bhuumiH = That bar; upalakshyate = was seen; pradiipteva = as though radiant; vinaa vahnim = without fire; shayanaasanaiH = with couches and chairs; sushlishhTaiH = well arranged; vinyastaiH = (and) placed; tatra tatra = there and there.
That bar was seen as though radiant without fire, with couches and chairs well arranged and placed there and there.
बहु प्रकारैर् विविधैर् वर संस्कार संस्कृतैः |
मांसैः कुशल सम्युक्तैः पान भूमि गतैः पृथक् || ५-११-१९
19. bahuprakaaraiH maamsaiH = Many meats; vividhaiH = of different kinds; varasamskaara samskR^itaiH = cultured with various best seasonings; kushala saMyuktaiH = well arranged; pR^ithak = separately; paanabhuumigataiH = obtained that bar.
Many meats of different kinds cultured with various best seasonings, well arranged separately obtained that bar.
दिव्याः प्रसन्ना विविधाः सुराः कृत सुरा अपि |
शर्कर आसव माध्वीकाः पुष्प आसव फल आसवाः || ५-११-२०
वास चूर्णैः च विविधैर् मृष्टाः तैः तैः पृथक् पृथक् |
20. divyaaH = excellent; prasannaaH = clear; vividhaaH = various (liquors); suraaH = liquor called Sura; sharkaraa sava = liquor made of sugar; maadhviika = (liquor) made of honey; pushpaa sava = liquor made of flowers; phalaa savaaH = and liquors made of fruits; kR^ita suraaH api = also artificially made liquors; taiH taiH = those and those; mR^ishhTaaH = were cultured; pR^ithak pR^ithak = separate separately; vividhaiH vaasachuurNaiH = with various fragrant powders
Excellent and clear various liquors, a liquor called Sura, liquor made of sugar, liquor made of honey, liquor made of flowers and liquors made of fruits also, artificially made liquors - those and those were cultured separately with various fragrant powders.
सम्तता शुशुभे भूमिर् माल्यैः च बहु संस्थितैः || ५-११-२१
हिरण्मयैः च करकैर् भाजनैः स्फाटिकैर् अपि |
जाम्बूनदमयैश्चान्याः करकैरभिवम्वृता || ५-११-२२
21;22. bhuumiH = The floor; shushubhe = shone; saMtataa = filled; maalyaishcha = by flower garlands; bahu saMsthitaiH = in a variety of forms; vividhaiH bhaajanaiH = with various vessels; hiraNmayaiH = of golden hue; sphaaTikair api = and also made of crystal; abhisaMvR^itaa = filled; anyaiH karakaiH = with other small vessels; jaambuunadamayaiH = of golden colour.
The floor shone filled by flower garlands in a variety of forms, with various vessels of golden hue and also made of crystal, filled with other small vessels of golden colour.
राजतेषु च कुम्भेषु जाम्बूनदमयेषु च |
पान श्रेष्ठम् तदा भूरि कपिः तत्र ददर्श ह || ५-११-२३
23. kapiH = Hanuma; dadarsha ha = saw indeed; tadaa = then; bhuuri paana shreshhTham = lot of best quality liquor; kumbheshhu = in pots; raajateshhu = of silver; jaambuunadamayeshhu = and of golden colour.
Hanuma saw indeed then lot of best quality liquor in pots of silver and of golden colour.
सो अपश्यत् शात कुम्भानि शीधोर् मणिमयानि च |
राजतानि च पूर्णानि भाजनानि महा कपिः || ५-११-२४
24. saH mahaa kapiH = That great Hanuma; apashyat = saw; bhaajanaani = vessels; puurNaani = full; shiidhoH = of liquor; shaatakumbhaani = of golden colour; maNimayaani cha = embedded with gem stones; raajataani cha = and also of silver hue.
That great Hanuma saw vessels full of liquor of golden colour, embedded with gem stones and also of silver hue.
क्वचिद् अर्ध अवशेषाणि क्वचित् पीतानि सर्वशः |
क्वचिन् न एव प्रपीतानि पानानि स ददर्श ह || ५-११-२५
25. saH = That Hanuma; dadarsha ha = saw indeed; kvachit = at some places; paanaani = drinks; ardhaava sheshhaaNi = half filled; kvachit = (and) some places; sarvashaH piitaani = completely drunk; kvachit = (and) some places; naiva prapiitaani = not at all drunk.
That Hanuma saw indeed at some places drinks half filled and at some places completely drunk and some places not at all drunk.
क्वचिद् भक्ष्यामः च विविधान् क्वचित् पानानि भागशः |
क्वचिद् अन्न अवशेषाणि पश्यन् वै विचचार ह || ५-११-२६
26. vichachaara ha = (Hanuma) paced about; pashyan = seeing; kvachit = (at) some places; vividhaan bhakshaaMshcha = various eatables; kvachit = (and) some places; paanaani = drinks; bhaagashaH = separately; kvachit = some places; annavasheshhaaNi = remnants of cooked rice.
Hanuma paced about seeing at some places various eatables and at some places drinks separately, and at some places remnants of cooked rice.
क्वचित् प्रभिन्नैः करकैः क्वचिद् आलोडितैर् घटैः |
क्वचित् सम्पृक्त माल्यानि जलानि च फलानि च || ५-११-२७
27. kvachit = (Hanuma saw) some places; karakaiH = with vessels; prabhinnaiH = broken; kvachit = some places; ghaTaiH = with pots; aloLitaiH = in shambles; kvachit = some places; jalaani cha = (with) water; saMpR^iktamaalyaani = together with flower garlands; phalaani cha = and fruits.
Hanuma saw some places with vessels broken, some places with pots in shambles, some places with water together with flower garlands and fruits.
शयनानि अत्र नारीणाम् शून्यानि बहुधा पुनः |
परस्परम् समाश्लिष्य काश्चित् सुप्ता वर अन्गनाः || ५-११-२८
28. atra = Here; shayanaani punaH = couches again; naariNaam = of women; bahudhaa shubhraaNi = were varied and clean; kaashchit = some; varaaN^ganaaH = best women; suptaaH = slept; samaashlishhya = hugging; parasparam = one another
Here couches again of women were varied and clean, some best women slept there hugging one another.
काचिच् च वस्त्रम् अन्यस्या अपह्ऱ्त्य उपगुह्य च |
उपगम्य अबला सुप्ता निद्रा बल पराजिता || ५-११-२९
29. kaashchit abalaaH = Some women; nidraabalaparaajitaaH = conquered by the power of sleep; aahR^itya = pulled; anyasyaaH svapantyaaH vastram = other sleeping women's clothing; suptaaH = and slept; paridhaaya = covering (themselves).
Some women conquered by the power of sleep pulled other sleeping women's clothing and slept covering themselves.
तासाम् उच्च्वास वातेन वस्त्रम् माल्यम् च गात्रजम् |
न अत्यर्थम् स्पन्दते चित्रम् प्राप्य मन्दम् इव अनिलम् || ५-११-३०
30. vastram maalyam cha = Clothing and garland; taasaam gaatrajam = on the throats of those (women); spandate = was moving; na atyartham = slightly; chitram = (and) wonderfully; praapya iva = as though obtaining; anilam = air; uchchhvaasavaatena = from the air of breath.
Clothing and garland on the throats of those women was moving slightly and wonderfully as though obtaining air from the air of breath.
चन्दनस्य च शीतस्य शीधोर् मधु रसस्य च |
विविधस्य च माल्यस्य पुष्पस्य विविधस्य च || ५-११-३१
बहुधा मारुतः तत्र गन्धम् विविधम् उद्वहन् |
31. tatra = There; maarutaH = wind (blew); udvahan = carrying; bahudhaa = in a lot (of directions); vividham gandham = a variety of fragrances; shiitasya gandhasya = of cool sandal-paste; madhurasasya shiidhoH cha = and of sweet liquor; vividhasya maalyasya = of various flower garlands; vividhasya dhuupasya cha = and of various kinds of agallocum fumes.
There wind blew carrying in a lot of directions, a variety of fragrances of cool sandal-paste and of sweet liquor, of various flower garlands and of various kinds of agallocum fumes.
स्नानानाम् चन्दनानाम् च धूपानाम् चैव मूर्चितः |
प्रववौ सुरभिर् गन्धो विमाने पुष्पके तदा || ५-११-३२
32. tadaa = Then; surabhiH gandhaH = the blossoming fragrance; snaanaanaam chandanaanaam cha = from the baths and sandal paste; dhuupaanaam chaiva = and from agallocum fumes; pravavau = blew; muurchitaH = spreading (all around); pushhpake vimaane = in that Pushpaka plane.
Then the blossoming fragrance from the baths and sandal paste and from agallocum fumes blew spreading all around in that Pushpaka plane.
श्याम अवदाताः तत्र अन्याः काश्चित् कृष्णा वर अन्गनाः || ५-११-३३
काश्चित् कान्चन वर्ण अन्ग्यः प्रमदा राक्षस आलये |
33. tatra = there; raakshasaalaye = in that Ravana's house; anyaaH = some (women); shyaamaavadaataaH = had fair and white complexion; kaashchit = some; varaaN^ganaaH = best women; kR^ishhnaaH = were black; kaashchit pramadaaH = some women; kaaJNchanavarNaaN^gyaH = had a body of golden complexion.
There in that Ravana's house, some women had fair and white complexion some best women were black, some women had a body of golden complexion.
तासाम् निद्रा वशत्वाच् च मदनेन विमूर्चितम् || ५-११-३४
पद्मिनीनाम् प्रसुप्तानाम् रूपम् आसीद् यथैव हि |
34. ruupam = appearance; taasaam = of those; prasuptaanaam = sleeping (women); vimuurchitam = tired; nidraavashatvaacha = from being possessed by sleep; madanenacha = and from lust; aasiit = was; yathaiva = like; padminiinaam = lotuses; prasuptaanaam = sleeping.
Appearance of those sleeping women, tired from being possessed by sleep and from lust, was like lotuses sleeping.
एवम् सर्वम् अशेषेण रावण अन्तः पुरम् कपिः || ५-११-३५
ददर्श सुमहा तेजा न ददर्श च जानकीम् |
35. kapiH = Hanuma; sumahaatejaaH = with great radiance; evam = thus; dadarsha = saw; sarvam = entire; raavaNaatHpuram = Ravana's house; asheshhena = completely; na dadarsha = (but) did not see; jaanakiim cha = Seetha.
Hanuma with great radiance thus saw entire Ravana's house completely but did not see Seetha.
निरीक्षमाणः च ततः ताः स्त्रियः स महा कपिः || ५-११-३६
जगाम महतीम् चिन्ताम् धर्म साध्वस शन्कितः |
36. tadaa = then; saH mahaakapiH = that Hanuma; niriikshmaaNaH = seeing; taaH striyaH = those women; jagaamaa = obtained; mahatiim chintaam = great anguish; dharmasaadvaHsasheN^kitaH = being in doubt because of fear in the matter of dharma.
Then that Hanuma seeing those women obtained great anguish being in doubt because of fear in the matter of dharma.
पर दार अवरोधस्य प्रसुप्तस्य निरीक्षणम् || ५-११-३७
इदम् खलु मम अत्यर्थम् धर्म लोपम् करिष्यति |
37. mama = my; idam = this; niriikshaNam = seeing; prasuptasya = sleeping; paradaaraavarodhasya = house of other people's wives; karishhyati = will do; atyartham dharmalopam = a great deficit to dharma.
"My seeing sleeping house of other people's wives will do a great deficit to dharma."
न हि मे पर दाराणाम् दृष्टिर् विषय वर्तिनी ||५-११-३८
अयम् च अत्र मया दृष्टः पर दार परिग्रहः |
38. me = my; dR^ishhTaH = sight; na hi = is indeed not; paradaaraaNaam vishhayavartinii = in the matter of others wives; atra = here; ayam = these paradaaraparigrahaH = other's wives; dR^ishhTashcha = have been seen ; mayaa = by me;
"My sight is indeed not in the matter of other wives here. These other's wives have been seen by me."
तस्य प्रादुर् अभूच् चिन्ता पुनर् अन्या मनस्विनः || ५-११-३९
निश्चित एक अन्त चित्तस्य कार्य निश्चय दर्शिनी |
39. tasya = to that Hanuma; manasvinaH = with an excellent mind; nishchitaikaantachittasya = with a fixed and concentrated mind; pradurabhuut = was born; anyaa = another; chintaa = thought; punaH = again ; kaaryanishchayadarshinii = showing a fixed resolve in the task at hand.
To that Hanuma with an excellent mind, with a fixed and concentrated mind, was born another thought again, showing a fixed resolve in the task at hand.
कामम् दृष्ट्वा मया सर्वा विश्वस्ता रावण स्त्रियः || ५-११-४०
न तु मे मनसः किंचिद् वैकृत्यम् उपपद्यते |
40. sarvaaH = all; raavaNastriyaH = Ravana's women; vishvastaaH = who were in faith; kaamam dR^ishhTaaH = could have been seen; mayaa = by me; me manasaH = to my mind; na upajaayate hi = there indeed was not; kimchit = even a little; vaikR^ityam = disturbance.
"All Ravana's women who were in faith could have been seen by me; to my mind there indeed was not even a little disturbance".
मनो हि हेतुः सर्वेषाम् इन्द्रियाणाम् प्रवर्तते || ५-११-४१
शुभ अशुभास्व् अवस्थासु तच् च मे सुव्यवस्थितम् |
41. shubhaashubhaasu = among auspicious or inauspicious; avasthaasu = states; pravartane- in the behavior; sarveshhaanaam indriyaaNaam = of all senses; manaH hetuH = mind is the reason; me = my; tachcha = that mind; suvyavasthitam = is very steady.
"Among auspicious or inauspicious states in the behavior of all senses mind is the reason. My that mind is very steady."
न अन्यत्र हि मया शक्या वैदेही परिमार्गितुम् || ५-११-४२
स्त्रियो हि स्त्रीषु द्ऱ्श्यन्ते सदा सम्परिमार्गणे |
42. mayaa = by me; na shakhyaa hi = it is not possible; parimaargitum = to search; vaidehii = Seetha; anyatra = at another place; sadaa = always; samparimaargaNe = during search; striyaH = women; dR^ishyante = will be seen; strishhu = among women.
"By me it is not possible to search Seetha at another place. Always during search women will be seen among other women."
यस्य सत्त्वस्य या योनिः तस्याम् तत् परिमार्ग्यते || ५-११-४३
न शक्यम् प्रमदा नष्टा मृगीषु परिमार्गितुम् |
43. yasya sattvasya = to an animal; yaa yoniH = whatever race; tat = that animal; parimaargyate = is searched; tasyaam = in that race; pramadaa = a woman; nashhTaa = missing; na shakhyaa = is not possible; parimaargitum = to be searched; mR^igiishhu = among female deer.
"To an animal of whatever race that animal is searched in that race; a woman missing is not possible to be searched among female deer."
तद् इदम् मार्गितम् तावत् शुद्धेन मनसा मया || ५-११-४४
रावण अन्तः पुरम् सरम् दृश्यते न च जानकी |
44. tat = for that reason; idam sarvam = all this; raavaNaataHpuram = Ravana's house; maargitam = has been search; mayaa = by me; shuddhena = with a pure; manasaa = mind; Aramaic = Seetha alone; na dR^ishyate = cannot be seen.
"For that reason all this Ravana's house has been search by me with a pure mind Seetha alone cannot be seen."
देव गन्धर्व कन्याः च नाग कन्याः च वीर्यवान् || ५-११-४५
अवेक्षमाणो हनुमान् न एव अपश्यत जानकीम् |
45. viiryavaan = the strong; hanumaan = Hanuma; avekshamaaNaH = observing; devagandharvakanyaashcha = girls from devas; Gandharvas; naagakanyaashcha = and girls from nagas; naivaavaikshata = did not see; jaanakiim = Janaki.
The strong Hanuma observing girls from devas, gandharvas and girls from nagas did not see Janaki.
ताम् अपश्यन् कपिः तत्र पश्यमः च अन्या वर स्त्रियः || ५-११-४६
अपक्रम्य तदा वीरः प्रध्यातुम् उपचक्रमे |
46. viiraH kapiH = the powerful Hanuma; apashyan = not seeing; taam = Her; tatra = there; pashyamshcha = and seeing; anyaaH varastriyaH = other best women; tadaa = then; upachakrame = started; pradhyaatum = to think deeply; apakramya = going far(from there).
The powerful Hanuma not seeing Her there and seeing other best women then started to think deeply going far from there.
स भूयस्तु परम् श्रीमान् मारुतिर्यत्नमास्थितः || ५-११-४७
अपानभूमिमुत्सृज्य तद्विचेतुम् प्रचक्रमे |
47. saH maarutiH = that Hanuma; shriimaan = the glorious one; aastitaH = adopting; param yatnam = a great task; bhuuyaH = again; utsR^ijya = left; aapaanabhuumim = that bar; prachakrame = (and) began; vichetum = to search; tat = that (house).
That Hanuma the glorious one adopting a great task again left that bar and began to search that house.
- - -
इत्यार्षे श्रीमद्रामायणे आदिकाव्ये सुन्दरकाण्डे एकादशः सर्गः
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© 2002 Nov, Durga and Kishore Kopalle
What the world says about
verse and locator
This page transferred by Go FTP FREE Client