Monkeys are perturbed to see ocean which is breadthwise a hundred yojana-s, say a thousand miles, as none can leap a. Every important monkey says that his capability is just lesser than that. Angada is again despaired as none is coming forward, nor he is allowed to go, in the name of his prospective kingship. But Jambavanta pacifies and starts to encourage and invigorate Hanuma to undertake the task of leaping the ocean.
अथ अंगद वचः श्रुत्वा सर्वे ते वानर उत्तमाः |
स्वम् स्वम् गतौ समुत्साहम् ऊचुः तत्र यथा क्रमम् || ४-६५-१
गजो गवाक्षो गवयः शरभो गंधमादनः |
मैन्दः च द्विविदः चैव सुषेणो जांबवान् तथा || ४-६५-२
1. atha angada vacaH shrutvaa = then, Angada's, words, on hearing; gajaH gavaakSaH gavayaH sharabhaH ga.ndhamaadanaH maindaH = Gaja, Gavaaksha, Gavaya, Sharabha, Gandhamaadana, Mainda; ca = also; dvividaH = Dvivida; caiva = also thus; suSeNaH = Susheshana; tathaa = like that; jaambavaan = Jambavanta; sarve te vaanara uttamaaH = all, those, vanara, best ones; yathaa kramam = according to, their turn; tatra gatau = therein [matter of leaping,] in leaping; svam svam samutsaaham = one's own, one's own [individual,] ability; uucuH = said.
Then on hearing the words of Angada those best vanara-s, anamely Gaja, Gavaaksha, Gavaya, Sharabha, Gandhamaadana, Mainda and Dvivida, and Susheshana, and like that Jambavanta have individually said about their abilities in the matter of leaping the ocean according to their turn. [4-65-1]
आबभाषे गजः तत्र प्लवेयम् दश योजनम् |
गवाक्षो योजनानि आह गमिष्यामि इति विंशतिम् || ४-६५-३
3. tatra = in that matter; gajaH dasha yojanam plaveyam aababhaaSe = Gaja, ten, yojana-s, I can fly, said; gavaakSaH vimshatim yojanaani gamiSyaami = Gavaaksha, twenty, yojana-s, I can go; iti aaha = thus, he said.
In that matter Gaja said, "I can fly ten yojana-s..." and Gavaaksha said, "I can go over twenty yojana-s..." [4-65-3]
शरभो वानरः तत्र वानरान् तान् उवाच ह |
त्रिंशत् गमिष्यामि योजनानाम् प्लवंगमाः || ४-६५-४
ऋषरभो वानरः तत्र वानरान् तान् उवाच ह |
चत्वारिंशत् गमिष्यामि योजनानाम् न संशयः || ४-६५-५
वानरान् तु महातेजा अब्रवीत् गंधमादनः |
योजनानाम् गमिष्यामि पंचाशत् तु न संशयः || ४-६५-६
मैन्दः तु वानरः तत्र वानरान् तान् उवाच ह |
योजनानाम् परम् षष्टिम् अहम् प्लवितुम् उत्सहे || ४-६५-७
ततः तत्र महातेजा द्विविदः प्रत्यभाषत |
गमिष्यामि न संदेहः सप्ततिम् योजनानि अहम् || ४-६५-८
सुषेणः तु महातेजाः सत्त्ववान् कपि सत्तमः |
अशीतिम् प्रतिजाने अहम् योजनानाम् पराक्रमे || ४-६५-९
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. tatra = in that matter; sharabhaH vaanaraH = Sharabha, one vanara; taan vaanaraan = to them, monkeys; uvaaca ha = said, indeed; plavangamaaH = oh, fly-jumpers; yojanaanaam trinshat gamiSyaami = yojana-s, up to thirty, I can go; tatra = there; R^iSarabhaH vaanaraH = Rishabha, vanara; taan vaanaraan uvaaca ha = to them, monkeys, said, indeed; yojanaanaam catvaarimshat gamiSyaami = yojana-s, up to forty, I can go; samshayaH na = doubt, is not there; mahaatejaa gandhamaadanaH = great-resplendent, Gandhamaadana; vaanaraan abraviit = to monkeys, said; yojanaanaam pancaashat gamiSyaami = yojana-s, fifty, I can go; samshayaH na = doubt, is not there; tatra = in that matter; maindaH vaanaraH tu = Mainda, vanara, on his part; taan vaanaraan uvaaca ha = to them, monkeys, said, indeed; aham = I; yojanaanaam SaSTim param = yojana-s, sixty, up to; plavitum utsahe = to jump, I venture; tataH = then; mahaatejaa dvividaH = great-resplendent, Dvivida; tatra = in that matter; pratyabhaaSata = informed them; aham saptatim yojanaani gamiSyaami = I, seventy, yojana-s, can go; sandehaH na = doubt, is not there; mahaatejaaH = great-resplendent one; sattvavaan = mightiest; suSeNaH tu = Shushena; kapi sattamaH = monkey, the best - said; aham paraakrame = I, in leaping; yojanaanaam ashiitim pratijaane = yojana-s, eighty, I promise.
In that matter the vanara Sharabha said to the monkeys, "oh, fly-jumpers, I can indeed go up to thirty yojana-s..." The vanara Sharabha said, "I can go up to forty yojana-s, undoubtedly..." The great-resplendent Gandhamaadana said, "I can go up to fifty yojana-s, no doubt..." The vanara Mainda said the monkeys in that matter, "I venture to jump just sixty yojana-s..." Then the great-resplendent Dvivida informed, "I can go up to seventy yojana-s, no doubt..." But mighty Shushena, the best and the great resplendent monkey said, "I promise to jump eighty yojana-s..." [4-65-4]
तेषाम् कथयताम् तत्र सर्वान् तान् अनुमान्य च |
ततो वृद्धतमः तेषाम् जांबवान् प्रत्यभाषत || ४-६५-१०
10. tataH = then; teSaam vR^iddha tamaH = oldest, of all; jaambavaan = Jambavanta; teSaam tatra kathayataam = by them, in that matter, while saying so; taan sarvaan anumaanya = them, all, on appreciating; pratyabhaaSata = to them said - in this way.
Jambavanta, the oldest one among all of them, appreciating them who are telling about their jumping capacities, has informed them in this way. [4-65-10]
पूर्वम् अस्माकम् अपि आसीत् कश्चित् गति पराक्रमः |
ते वयम् वयसः पारम् अनुप्राप्ताः स्म सांप्रतम् || ४-६५-११
11. puurvam asmaakam api = previously, for us, even; kashcit gati paraaakramaH aasiit = some, traversal, adventurousness, was there; te = such as we were; vayam = we are; saampratam = presently; vayasaH paaram anupraaptaaH sma = of age, other shore, reached, we are - I am.
"Previously there was some traversal daredevilry even for us, such as we were, we are presently on the other shore of our age... [4-65-11]
The use of the word 'us' is to mean 'for me...' as a kind of royal 'we'.
किम् तु न एवम् गते शक्यम् इदम् कार्यम् उपेक्षितुम् |
यद् अर्थम् कपि राजः च रामः च कृत निश्चयौ || ४-६५-१२
12. kim tu = how, ever; evam gate = this, being so; yat artham = for which, purpose; kapi raajaH ca = monkey's, king, also; raamaH ca = Rama, even; kR^ita nishcayau = decisively, decided - on getting their task solved; idam kaaryam = this, task; upekSitum = for a non-observance - marginalize; na = not; shakyam = possible.
"That being so, for which purpose the king of monkeys Sugreeva and even Rama are decisively decided on this task, it is impossible for us to marginalize this task... [4-65-12]
Jambavanta is cautioning the monkeys, who are evasive on the issue of going to Ravana's Lanka. When Sugreeva sent the very same monkeys to all directions, he said 'you all have an unimpeded egress and no limits for your capabilities...' etc., but here, all the monkeys are telling their capacity is 'a little lesser than a hundred yojana long jump...' It is not exactly their lack of aptitude to 'just jump' but it is their 'fear for Ravana' that is deterring them. As such, here Jambavanta as the senior most member had to reprimand them with words like 'non-observance, heedlessness...' etc.
सांप्रतम् कालम् अस्माकम् या गतिः ताम् निबोधत |
नवतिम् योजनानाम् तु गमिष्यामि न संशयः || ४-६५-१३
13. saampratam kaalam = in present, time - at this age; asmaakam = for us [for me]; yaa gatiH taam nibodhata = what, cruise, that, while I say [you understand]; yojanaanaam navatim gamiSyaami = yojana-s, ninety, I [we] can go; samshayaH na = doubt, is not there.
"While we say you may hear what cruise we have at this age... we can go up to ninety yojana-s, undoubtedly... [4-65-13]
तान् च सर्वान् हरि श्रेष्ठान् जांबवान् इदम् अब्रवीत् |
न खलु एतावत् एव आसीत् गमने मे पराक्रमः || ४-६५-१४
14. sarvaan taan hari shreSThaan = to all of, those, to monkey, best ones; jaambavaan idam ca abraviit = Jambavanta, this, also, said; me gamane paraakramaH = to me, in [the stint of] going, capability; etaavat eva = thereunto, only; na aasiit khalu = not, is there [limited,] definitely.
Jambavanta further said this to all of those best monkeys, "my capability in the stint of going was not definitely limited only thereunto... [4-65-14]
मया वैरोचने यज्ञे प्रभविष्णुः सनातनः |
प्रदक्षिणी कृतः पूर्वम् क्रममाणः त्रिविक्रमः || ४-६५-१५
15. maya = by me; puurvam = once; vairocane yaj~ne = in Vairocana's legatee's [Emperor Bali's,] Vedic-ritual's - at the time of]; kramamaaNaH = when He was treading; prabhaviSNuH = Omnipresent; sanaatanaH = Eternal [Vishnu]; trivikramaH = [in the incarnation of] Trivikrama; pradakSiNii kR^itaH = circumambulation, He was made by me.
"Once I have performed circumambulation around the Omnipresent and Eternal Vishnu in His incarnation as Trivikrama, when He grandiosely increased His physique from that of a Divine-Dwarfish Brahman boy to that of an Omnidirectional Being, thus filling whole of the Universe to tread all the three worlds, during the time of Vedic-ritual of Emperor Bali, the legatee of Vairocana... [4-65-15]
स इदानीम् अहम् वृद्धः प्लवने मन्दविक्रमः |
यौवने च तदा आसीत् मे बलम् अप्रतिमम् परम् || ४-६५-१६
16. idaaniim vR^iddhaH = presently, [I am] old [decrepit]; saH aham = such as I am; plavane manda vikramaH = in fly-jumping, slow, soldier of [mis-]fortune; tadaa yauvane = then, in youth; me balam a pratimam = my, energy was, un, matched; param = unsurpassed; aasiit = it was.
"Such as I was, I am presently old and decrepit and I have become slow jumping soldier of misfortune, though my energy in youth was unmatchable and unsurpassable. [4-65-16]
संप्रति एतावत् एव अद्य शक्यम् मे गमने स्वतः |
न एतावता च संसिद्धिः कार्यस्य अस्य भविष्यति || ४-६५-१७
17. samprati = in the present [at this age]; adya me svataH gamane = now, for me, on my own, in going; etaavat eva shakyam = thereunto, only, is possible; etaavataa = by that much [endeavour]; asya kaaryasya samsiddhiH = that, task's, accomplishment; na bhaviSyati = not, will be there.
"Now, at this age it is possible for me to go on my own only thereunto... and by that much endeavour that task will be unaccomplished..." So said Jambavanta to monkeys. [4-65-17]
अथ उत्तरम् उदार अर्थम् अब्रवीत् अंगदः तदा |
अनुमान्य महाप्राज्ञो जांबवंतम् महाकपिम् || ४-६५-१८
18. atha = later; tadaa = then; mahaapraaj~naH angadaH = highly intelligent, Angada; mahaakapim jaambavantam anumaanya = great monkey, Jambavanta, on reverencing; udaara artham = with salutary, meaningful [words]; uttaram = reply; abraviit = said.
Then on reverencing the great monkey Jambavanta, the highly intelligent Angada thereafter said these salutary words. [4-65-18]
Though Jambavanta is a bear he is reckoned as one with monkeys because bear's nature and behaviour 'nearly' equals that of gorillas, chimps, or even monkeys.
अहम् एतत् गमिष्यामि योजनानाम् शतम् महत् |
निवर्तने तु मे शक्तिः स्यात् न वा इति न निश्चितम् || ४-६५-१९
19. aham = I; mahat etat yojanaanaam shatam = great [broadwise,] this, yojana-s, hundred [ocean's breadth,]; gamiSyaami = I can go [vault over]; nivartane me shaktiH syaat = in returning, to me, capability, is there; na vaa = not, or; iti = that; nishcitam na = definite, not.
"I can vault over this ocean which is broadwise in a hundred yojana-breadth, but whether I am capable of coming back or not, it is indefinite... [4-65-19]
तम् उवाच हरि श्रेष्ठो जांबवान् वाक्य कोविदः |
ज्ञायते गमने शक्तिः तव हरि ऋक्ष सत्तम || ४-६५-२०
20. vaakya kovidaH jaambavaan = sentence making, expert, Jambavanta; tam hari shreSThaH [hari shreSTham] = him, to monkey, the best - Angada; uvaaca = said; hari R^ikSa sattama = oh, among monkeys, bears, best one - oh, Jambavanta; gamane tava shaktiH j~naayate = in traversal, your, capability, is known.
That expert in sentence making, Jambavanta said to the best one among monkeys namely Angada, "oh, Angada, the best one among monkeys and bears, I know about your capability in traversal... [4-65-20]
कामम् शत सहस्रम् वा न हि एष विधिः उच्यते |
योजनानाम् भवान् शक्तो गन्तुम् प्रतिनिवर्तितुम् || ४-६५-२१
21. bhavaan = you are; yojanaanaam = yojana-s; shata sahasram vaa = hundred, thousand, even; gantum pratinivartitum = to go, return; shaktaH kaamam = capable, if need be; eSa vidhiH = this, method; na hi ucyate = not, indeed, said [uncanonical.]
"Why a hundred, if need be you are capable to go up to a hundred thousand yojana-s and come back... but this method of our sending you is uncanonical... [4-65-21]
न हि प्रेषयिता तात स्वामी प्रेष्यः कथंचन |
भवता अयम् जनः सर्वः प्रेष्यः प्लवग सत्तम || ४-६५-२२
22. taata = oh, dear one; preSayitaa svaamii = sender [assigner,] a lord; kathancana = in anyway; preSyaH = to be sent [be an assignee]; na hi = not, indeed; plavaga sattama = oh, fly-jumper, the best - Angada; sarvaH ayam janaH = all, these, people - monkeys; bhavataa preSyaH = by you, sendable [assignable.]
"Oh, dear Angada, in anyway lord assigner cannot be an assignee, hence oh, best fly-jumper, all of these people are assignable by you... [4-65-22]
भवान् कलत्रम् अस्माकम् स्वामि भावे व्यवस्थितः |
स्वामी कलत्रम् सैन्यस्य गतिः एषा परंतप || ४-६५-२३
23. parantapa = oh, enemy-inflamer; svaami bhaave vyavasthitaH = as lord, in notion of, established; bhavaan = you are; asmaakam kalatram = for us, you are to be protected; svaamii sainyasya kalatram = lord, for army, is to be protected; eSaa gatiH = this is, the method.
"You are notionally established as our lord and we have to become your protectionists and, oh, enemy-inflamer Angada, lord becomes the protectionist of army... this alone is the method... [4-65-23]
The word kalatra meaning 'that which need be protected,' has other meanings like 'wife, buttock...' etc.
अपि वै एतस्य कार्यस्य भवान् मूलम् अरिम् दम |
तस्मात् कलत्रवत् तात प्रतिपाल्यः सदा भवान् || ४-६५-२४
24. taata = oh, dear one; arimdama = oh, enemy-subjugator; etasya kaaryasya = of this, task; bhavaan muulam api vai = you are, linchpin, even, really; tasmaat = thereby; bhavaan = you are; kalatravat = protected like; sadaa paalyaH = always, to be safeguarded.
"Oh, enemy-subjugator, really you are the linchpin to this mission, thereby oh, dear Angada, you are always to be protected like anything that needs safeguarding... [4-65-24]
मूलम् अर्थस्य संरक्ष्यम् एष कार्यविदाम् नयः |
मूले हि सति सिध्यन्ति गुणाः पुष्प फल उदयः || ४-६५-२५
25. arthasya muulam samrakSyam = of purpose [task,] prime mover, is to be safeguarded; eSa kaarya vidaam nayaH = this is, task, master's, byword; muule sati = prime mover, if only it is there; phala udayaH = fruits, yielding; sarve guNaaH sidhyanti = all, endowments, will accrue.
" 'The prime mover of a task is to be safeguarded...' is the byword of the taskmasters, and indeed if only the prime mover is there, all the endowments are achievable that yield fruits... [4-65-25]
तद् भवान् अस्य कार्यस्य साधनम् सत्य विक्रमः |
बुद्धि विक्रम संपन्नो हेतुः अत्र परंतपः || ४-६५-२६
26. satya vikramaH = oh, truth, valiant one; tat bhavaan asya kaaryasya saadhanam = thereby, you are, of this, task's, instrument; parantapaH = oh, enemy-inflamer; atra = in this [task of searching Seetha]; buddhi vikrama sampannaH = sagacity, audacity, privileged with; hetuH principle - you are the keystone.
"Thereby, oh, truth-valiant Angada, you are instrumental to this task and as you are privileged with sagacity and audacity, oh, enemy-inflamer, you are the keystone for this task of searching Seetha... [4-65-26]
गुरुः च गुरु पुत्रः च त्वम् हि नः कपि सत्तम |
भवन्तम् आश्रित्य वयम् समर्था हि अर्थ साधने || ४-६५-२७
27. kapi sattama = oh, monkey, the best; naH guru putraH ca = for us, respected one's [Vali's,] son, too; tvam guruH ca = you are, a respectable one, also; vayam bhavantam aashritya = we, by you, sheltered; artha saadhane samarthaaH hi = objective [of our task,] in achieving, we will be capable, indeed.
"For us you are indeed a respectable one by yourself, and as the son of respected Vali too, and oh, best monkey, sheltered by you we are indeed capable of achieving the objective of our task..." So said Jambavanta to Angada. [4-65-27]
उक्त वाक्यम् महाप्राज्ञम् जांबवंतम् महाकपिः |
प्रत्युवाच उत्तरम् वाक्यम् वालि सूनुः अथ अंगदः || ४-६५-२८
28. atha = then; mahaakapiH = great monkey; vaali suunuH angadaH = Vali's, son, Angada; ukta vaakyam = to one who has said his sentence - to Jambavanta; mahaapraaj~nam jaambavantam = to highly sagacious, to Jambavanta; uttaram vaakyam = answer, sentence; prati uvaaca = in reply, said.
When that highly scholarly Jambavanta has said thus, the great monkey and the son of Vali Angada said this sentence in reply as an answer. [4-65-28]
यदि न अहम् गमिष्यामि न अन्यो वानर पुंगवः |
पुनः खलु इदम् अस्माभिः कार्यम् प्रायोपवेशनम् || ४-६५-२९
29. aham na gamiSyaami yadi = I, not, to proceed, if; anyaH vaanara pungavaH na [gamiSyasi] = other, monkey, the best, not [does not go]; asmaabhiH punaH = by us, again [then]; idam praayopaveshanam kaaryam khalu = this, self-immolation, is to be undertaken, is it not.
"If I am not proceeding to Lanka, nor any other monkey is proceeding, then we have to undertake self-immolation once again, isn't it! [4-65-29]
न हि अकृत्वा हरि पतेः संदेशम् तस्य धीमतः |
तत्र अपि गत्वा प्राणानाम् न पश्यामि परिरक्षणम् || ४-६५-३०
30. dhiimataH = intellectual one [resolute one]; tasya hari pateH = of that, monkeys, husband's [king's]; sandesham a kR^itvaa = bidding, without, fulfilling; tatra gatvaa api = to there [to Kishkindha,] on going, even; praaNaanaam = for [our] lives; pari rakSaNam = secure protection = na pashyaami = not, I perceive.
"I do not perceive any secure protection for our lives on our going to Kishkindha without fulfilling the bidding of that resolute king of monkeys Sugreeva... [4-65-30]
स हि प्रसादे च अत्यर्थम् कोपे च हरिः ईश्वरः |
अतीत्य तस्य संदेशम् विनाशो गमने भवेत् || ४-६५-३१
31. saH hariH = he, that monkey - Sugreeva; prasaade ca = in forgiveness, also; kope ca = in furiousness, also; atyartham iishvaraH = immoderately, a lord - will lord over; tasya sandesham atiitya = his, bidding, trespassing; gamane = in going [to Kishkindha]; vinaashaH bhavet = doom, occurs; [or, vinaashaH = doom; gamane = entering into; bhavet = will be - it I as good as entering our own doom.]
"Sugreeva is a lord who shows either forgiveness or furiousness immoderately... and our going to Kishkindha trespassing his bidding is as good as our entering into our own doom... [4-65-31]
तत् तथा हि अस्य कार्यस्य न भवति अन्यथा गतिः |
तत् भवान् एव दृष्ट अर्थः संचिंतयितुम् अर्हति || ४-६५-३२
32. tat tathaa hi = that, that way, only - it will happen in that way only; asya kaaryasya gatiH = that, task's [our return to Kishkindha,] course - result; anyathaa na bhavati = other way round, not, will become - it will not be other way round; tat = thereby; dR^iSTa arthaH = envisioned, meaning [implications]; bhavaan eva = you, alone; samcintayitum arhati = to deeply think, apt of you.
"It will happen in that way only as our going back to Kishkindha results in no other way, thereby it will be apt of you to think deeply, as you can envision the implications..." Thus Angada said to Jambavanta. [4-65-32]
सः अंगदेन तदा वीरः प्रत्युक्तः प्लवगर्षभः |
जांबवान् उत्तमम् वाक्यम् प्रोवाच इदम् ततो अंगदम् || ४-६५-३३
33. angadena tadaa pratyuktaH = by Angada, that way, who is replied [Jambavanta]; viiraH = valiant one; plavagarSabhaH = fly-jumper, the best; saH jaambavaan = he, that Jambavanta; tataH = then; angadam = to Angada; uttamam idam vaakyam provaaca = best, this one, the sentence, spoke - advised.
When that best and valiant fly-jumper Jambavanta is said that way by Angada, then Jambavanta advised him in this best sentence to Angada. [4-65-33]
तस्य ते वीर कार्यस्य न किंचित् परिहास्यते |
एष संचोदयामि एनम् यः कार्यम् साधयिष्यति || ४-६५-३४
34. viira = oh, brave Angada; te = yours; tasya kaaryasya = of this, mission; kimcit na parihaasyate = in the least, not, be thwarted; eSa = this [me]; kaaryam yaH saadhayiSyati = mission, who, achieves success; enam samcodayaami = him, I will motivate.
"Oh, brave Angada, this mission of yours will not be thwarted in the least. I will motivate him who achieves success of this mission of searching Seetha... [4-65-34]
ततः प्रतीतम् प्लवताम् वरिष्ठम्
एकांतम् आश्रित्य सुखोपविष्टम् |
संचोदयामास हरि प्रवीरो
हरिप्रवीरम् हनुमंतम् एव || ४-६५-३५
35. tataH = then; hari praviiraH = among monkeys, outstanding one [Jambavanta]; pratiitam = at the distinguished one; plavataam variSTham = among fly-jumpers, exceptional one [Hanuma]; ekaantam aashritya = at lonely place, abiding; sukha upaviSTam = comfortably, sitting; hari pra viiram hanumantam eva = among moneys, marvellous one, Hanuma, alone; samcodayaamaasa = started to motivate.
Then Jambavanta, the outstanding one among monkeys started to motivate the exceptional fly-jumper, and a marvellous one among all the monkeys, and who by now is comfortably sitting abiding a lonely place, namely Hanuma. [4-65-35]
Here Hanuma is said to be sitting 'comfortably' far from the madding crowd of
monkeys. When everybody is clamorous how can this monkey sit comfortably - is the doubt. In reply
it is said, that he is apparently comfortable but in his heart of hearts the problem of vaulting
over the ocean is churning. On one hand, Rama gave his golden ring to Hanuma in the presence of
these very same monkey heroes, and on the other Angada is asking all the other monkeys to jump over
the ocean. Hanuma is fully aware that all the other monkeys are somehow escaping the situation, not
because they cannot jump just a hundred yojana ocean, but owing to the fear of Ravana. Hanuma
neither fears Ravana nor cares his stooge-demons, but his concern himself with his duty. If
somebody comes forward to leap, then it is well and good and Hanuma has to accompany that monkey as
a standby, because he is handling the ring of Rama. If none comes forward, even in that event he
has go to Lanka unaccompanied. In either case it is Hanuma who has to go, hence the
'comfortableness' is 'decisiveness' and thus he is decided of his duty. A verse from Skanda Puraana
says this only:
hanuumaan ca jaambavaan atha kesarii | samudra tiiram aagamya na shekuH spanditum padam |
raavaNasya balam j~naatvaa tiire nada nadii pateH | skaanda puraaNa
niilo a~Ngado hanuumaan ca jaambavaan atha kesarii | samudra tiiram aagamya na shekuH spanditum padam | raavaNasya balam j~naatvaa tiire nada nadii pateH | skaanda puraaNa
- - -
इति वाल्मीकि रामायणे आदि काव्ये किष्किन्ध काण्डे पंच षष्टितमः सर्गः
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© Mar, 2003, Desiraju Hanumanta Rao [Revised : Jan 05]
World Wide view of
verse and monkeys
Secure FTPS and FTPS anywhere, FREE Go FTP Client